Virginia may be ground zero!

Ok, I have never wanted to go hug a state before, but dang that is cool. If I lived in Virginia and was wanting to still stay in area I would definitely move to West Virginia.

5 Likes

What in the world is going on in those legislators mind?
I didn’t think Virginia’s politicians could get any worse. I was obviously wrong.

6 Likes

^^^ this!

Meanwhile back at the ranch

3 Likes

@Zee

Remind me not to ask how it could get any worse in Virginia. I think they are taking it as a challenge.

Out of curiosity, are there any adults in Virginia’s Super Majority? This is starting to look like a bunch of 3 year olds destroying everything, just because Mommy and Daddy told them they were each and everyone “special unique snowflakes” and they could “speak truth to power through destruction”.

I am quite, literally, appalled at this high speed slow motion replay of a :train2: wreck that is Virginia’s Super Majority.

If all of this doesn’t scare Conservative voters straight. I do not know what will.

I literally just desk topped my areas Congressional and Senatorial public servants.

The edit I am adding here is for humor only :eyes::exploding_head:

Vladimir Putin, just had his entire Government " resign" so he could “implement” new changes “to make improvements and to share power more equitably” in Russia. This seems to be a similar “sharing of power” by Virginia’s Super Majority.:innocent:

6 Likes

There’s a reason I like WV!

6 Likes

For Those of You That Will Be Attending:

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Three Gun Bills Advance to Final Vote, Governor Temporarily Bans Guns on Capitol Grounds and Reduces Points of Access to One for Lobby Day

Today, the Virginia Senate advanced SB 35 (Chipping away at state preemption), SB 69 (Handgun Rationing), and SB70 (“Universal” Background Checks) to a final vote. Expect these to be on the floor calendar for tomorrow. SB240 (Red flag bill) was passed by for the day as there were multiple substitutes to consider. Continue to contact your senators and urge them to oppose all of these bills, even if your senator is anti-rights. They need to hear from gun owners to know we opposed these bills.

For those planning to come to the annual Lobby Day at the Capitol on Monday, Governor Northam announced a temporary state of emergency beginning Friday extending to Tuesday morning, that includes a ban on firearms and other items that could be used as weapons on Capitol Grounds. He has also reduced the number of entrance points to one for Monday. All attendees will be required to enter through the entrance at 9th and Grace Street.

Photo by Mel Leonor, @MelLeonor RTD Reporter

There will also be multiple road closures:

1. West bound traffic on East Main St. from North 14th St. to North 9th Street. Alternate routes will be Canal Street or the Downtown Expressway.
    2)North bound traffic on N. 9th Street from East Cary to E. Broad Street will be closed. Alternate route will be N. 7th Street.
    3)East Grace Street between N. 8th St. and N. 9th St. will be closed to all traffic.
    4)East Franklin St. between N. 8th St. and N. 9th Street will be closed to all traffic.

Please be aware of these changes and plan accordingly.

6 Likes

No, we aren’t trying to throttle or limit attendance for this event. Nothing could be further from the truth.:eyes::flushed:

6 Likes

Northam should think about the States of Emergency he is going to have to declare if he signs any of these anti-2A bills.

5 Likes

This will just make folks on our side even more angry. Many of the people may just stay armed and stay off the capitol grounds. They will still be a tangible presence if they do. This little move will backfire on governor baby killer.

4 Likes

Absolutley sir. If they get signed we will go ballistic. So we might as well get mentally ready for this to be a reality soon. Then the question will be very real: Comply or Not Comply? When you read the other proposed bills, with the gun bills as the ultimate insult, you can hear Virginia dying. Dying as the Virginia we knew and loved.

6 Likes

@Jeff-A1

Mad prop’s for keeping this all organized. I have to admit right now. I feel like a kid at a horror movie, trying to peek through my fingers, at the scary parts.

I have never seen, heard, or even wildly imagined, anything as bad as what is going on in Virginia. It is in complete opposition to what our Countries values and ethos have been since it’s founding.

6 Likes

I have been pretty clear about my response. Level head and keep moving forward. I will vote, contact my politicians and live as peaceably as allowed. I will attend the lobby day and keep my head on a swivel. Bringing an IFAK just in case.

8 Likes

@Jeff-A1

I agree with your position. I know it’s not a popular one for some segments. But I believe your position is the only reasonable one.

FYI

I donated one seat on the Eventbrite bus. I hope a USCCA member gets it. Also donated to VCL PAC.

4 Likes

Tacticaly, it looks like a trap.

One entrance in and out, gun free zone inside the wire. Might as well be a military base.

I can only wonder if enough armed 2A supporters will show up to surround the entire compound AND enough unarmed 2A supporters to fill the compound. That said, it is going to be a long hike from where ever you can park to the event and I wouldn’t eat or drink heavy the night before or that day because I’m willing to bet that there will be damn few port a potties available. If the rumors I am hearing are anywhere near accurate they are looking at 100 to 500 THOUSAND people showing up in a one half mile square location. It will prove to be interesting.

Cheers,

Craig6

7 Likes

@Craig6 There probably won’t be much room in the square but plenty of room in the surrounding area. I wouldn’t go wandering to far from the Capitol Region: Richmond VA Hoods. Amazing the number of gangs in the Richmond area. Why aren’t our politicians trying to curb them?

I’m not much of a follower. I vote my conscience rooted in Godly principles. I’m not into “organized” spirituality. I have a direct line to God. I repent to Him and He listens. Taking communion with family in Christ is a welcome relief but last time I was in a church building the preacher was carrying on about creating a “Utopia on Earth.” Mao and Pol Pot would be proud. I call my cat Chairman Meow sometimes

Our Constitutional Laws, steeped in timeless principles, are being trampled asunder in the state of Virginia. Now is not the time to cower in a closet or sit on that comfy couch watching football. We need to make our voices heard peaceably but loudly. Keep up the political pressure until they crack. They don’t have the same foundation we have.

4 Likes

Wow! That gave me chills. Democracy at work. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir @TexasEskimo! The Kentucky Constitution absolutely protects open carry but allows for legislating concealed carry. Concealed carry is regulated by statute.

4 Likes

I just opened my e mail to a request from Gun Owners of America seeking funds to underwrite an effort with the Virginia Citizens Defense League to seek an emergency injunction to block the Governor’s emergency declaration prohibiting firearms on the capital campus grounds.

The Virginia statues establishing this authority read in part:

Emergency Services and Disaster Law

§ 44-146.13. Short title.

This chapter may be cited as the “Commonwealth of Virginia Emergency Services and Disaster Law of 2000.”

1973, c. 260; 2000, c. 309.

§ 44-146.14. Findings of General Assembly.

(a) Because of the ever present possibility of the occurrence of disasters of unprecedented size and destructiveness resulting from enemy attack, sabotage or other hostile action, resource shortage, or from fire, flood, earthquake, or other natural causes, and in order to insure that preparations of the Commonwealth and its political subdivisions will be adequate to deal with such emergencies, and generally to provide for the common defense and to protect the public peace, health, and safety, and to preserve the lives and property and economic well-being of the people of the Commonwealth, it is hereby found and declared to be necessary and to be the purpose of this chapter:

(2) To confer upon the Governor and upon the executive heads or governing bodies of the political subdivisions of the Commonwealth emergency powers provided herein

§ 44-146.15. Construction of chapter.

Nothing in this chapter is to be construed to:

1. Empower the Governor, any political subdivision, or any other governmental authority to in any way limit or prohibit the rights of the people to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by Article I, Section 13 of the Constitution of Virginia or the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States, including the otherwise lawful possession, carrying, transportation, sale, or transfer of firearms except to the extent necessary to ensure public safety in any place or facility designated or used by the Governor, any political subdivision of the Commonwealth, or any other governmental entity as an emergency shelter or for the purpose of sheltering persons

It is beyond me how the grounds of the capitol campus could be construed as a shelter or place of shelter. On its face, it would appear that the governor is barred from prohibiting firearms on the campus during lobby day, and hopefully the GOA and VCDL will be able to find a timely audience with an objective judge with jurisdiction. I fear, however, that the AG will prevail in delaying any filing until after Monday, making the matter moot.

6 Likes

Post Script. Just went to GOA.ORG under recent news and found article addressing the GOA/VCDL filing of a request for temporary injunction against the governor. At the end of the article is a link to the petition filed with the court.

5 Likes

Help me out jeff
IFAK???

5 Likes