Victim in YouTube Mall Prank Shooting

I think our wires are crossed. You are saying 6 within 100 miles but I am seeing 9 within 20 miles.

What are you searching for that shows you 6 attorneys? What cities are they?

Id have expected 20+ in that area honestly, with the number of lawyers in the DC area and how ridiculous Loudon, Fairfax, and Prince Williams, arlington, and alexandrea’s gun laws are.

Ridiculous gun laws tend to reduce the number of people who own guns or carry guns, I think.

But, hey, 9 network choices within 20 miles seems pretty good to me especially since you can pick your own attorney for a covered act of self defense you don’t have to use one from the network

2 Likes

Its probably just a sign of the times, before the Dems got control of the Virginia state house and repealed the blanket firearms law policy, we didn’t have this problem. Now we have a patchwork of stupid gun laws across the state due to liberal cities deciding to implement all kinds of stupid laws in response to the repeal. All happened right after Lobby day in 2020. Best lobby day turnout ever and all it did was galvanize the dems into screwing everyone even harder.

2 Likes

Have we worn the horse out too badly now we’ve switched over to a donkey?

3 Likes

Yes… He was just a pile of pulp and maggots. :cry:

1 Like

Despite the sensational title of this thread with the zero facts to back it up I do find this particular situation of personal interest to me.

Unlike the only other case I see the USCCA competitors constantly bringing up where it seems very clear that the person involved joined as part of a premeditated plot to murder her ex, this case seems less black and white.

While I believe this shooter had several other better next steps available than the option he chose he did still have some argument to believing he was in a serious self defense situation requiring deadly force to defend himself, weak as that argument may be. So if he was a USCCA member in good standing (calling USCCA doesn’t necessarily mean he was) my first question would be why did he end up being represented by a public defender? Was the public defender chosen as the best option available and are they getting reimbursed by the USCCA insurance carrier? Or did the USCCA insurance provider decide to deny coverage? If so what was their justification for the denial?

I don’t necessarily have a problem with the USCCA insurance provider denying coverage for undeniably criminal acts. It would not look good for the insurer, USCCA or its members to be associated with defending people who are clearly criminals. There are some strong arguments in this case that the use of deadly force was not justified. But I don’t think it is 100% clearly unjustified. So unlike with the other clearly dead horse case I will be keeping my eye out for more info on this one. I’d sure like to have as clear a picture as possible of where the line is between covered and noncovered actions and how those decisions will be made if I am ever unfortunate enough to find myself in a deadly force encounter.

3 Likes

1- Attorneys are not leaving the network, the network keeps getting better.
2- You don’t need to use a a network attorney. Any qualified Criminal Defense attorney will be compensated out of the insurance benefit.

how is this still a subject of discussion?!?!?!?!

5 Likes

TROLLS!!!

4 Likes

I too would like to have more details and FACTS on this. There is certainly a lot of food for thought in this discussion, I’ll definitely be looking for more on this for myself.

3 Likes

Something I read I think it is connected to Castle doctrine; you can defend yourself no duty to retreat anywhere you are legally allowed to be. And addition to this is really if I can leave a situation without hurting someone I will and consider the day a success.

1 Like

I don’t believe a word Attoneys on Retainer say. Everyone in my groups say they’re good and to go with them, but I ain’t buying it. If you have to attack your opponents without saying what’s so good about your policy, and when you compare the 2 policies you get an even worst deal than what USCCA has to offer, yeah it’s trash.

I still got people saying that USCCA declined the claims of Kayla Giles is why they not joining the USCCA, but he also said majority of self defense cases go out in plea deals, and with USCCA you have to pay them back every penny, so if I have to pay them back, mise we’ll plea anyway.

But I don’t get the logic. Pay for USCCA, have them cover your bail, attorney fees and incidental expenses AND BE FOUND NOT GUILTY AT TRIAL, or if ya lose when you get done with your case, pay your legal expenses. Even if you were to plea, guilty and USCCA was providing upfront money, at least you have the money to get ya a better deal than without the money.

Some people, perhaps the people paying for their own attorney time or perhaps the attorneys doing it without their client paying them, might like plea deals because it takes less attorney time/less attorney money.

I would personally be weary of an attorney offering to defend me for free who is all about plea deals considering that, yeah, a plea saves the attorneys time and money.

I rather like the USCCA setup of picking my own attorney (or using their network if I want help finding one) and then having a third party write the proverbial blank check (more or less) to pay for that attorney to fight to win.

If, God forbid, it ever comes to that. That old avoidance (yes, AVOID) is still the main winner. This gets contested by some, sometimes, I know, but, I stand on the hill of “the best defensive gun use is the one that never happened”

6 Likes

That is true, avoidance is the best course of action. Last week, I was using the laundromat, put a $20 bill in the machine, was using the quarters from the machine to put in the washers, and as I was doing so, I heard some change jingle and look up, and find this woman taking the quarters that I paid for from the change machine, puts it in her dryer, and leaves.

I counted the money lost and I lost about $5. I was upset, I wanted to say something, but I was carrying, OWB concealed in a jacket, and I had work later, biggest thought on my mind was, What would happen if I confronted this woman and she seen the gun, and seen how upset I was at taking MY MONEY, and call the police and tell them I was menacing her? Even though I’m not or not meaning too.

What do I say to the police? Will USCCA cover me? How would I get the police to go off of cameras and not just her statements?

So I lost $5 and will be more careful next time, told a coworker this story they said they would of flashed the gun and demanded the money back.

I’ll bet that person doesn’t carry or they’d know better. I hope

5 Likes

Yep the gun is only for defensive purposes, that could get me a robbery charge with a weapon.

Now the maximum my robber could get was 8, and that’s with no weapon. But with a firearm it’s at least 10-15 years.

Bear in mind that robbery requires use or threat of force to be robbery. I’m not so sure you were robbed. Some kind of larceny or theft by taking perhaps.

(I’m not a lawyer)

Speaking to this event, not some you had in the past

1 Like

No I was saying if I confronted her, displayed my weapon while asking for my money back, it could be interpreted as me robbing her in court.

2 Likes

I see. I was confused by the “maximum my robber could get was 8” part I thought that was referring to the one who took your quarters as a robber/robbery

If I’m reading this correctly she left the laundromat. Why not put her clothes in a basket behind/under something. Then divide up your clothes making them dry faster then leave when they’re dry. If you’re lucky she won’t find them until her clothes have soured and will have to wash them again.

1 Like