USCCA vs defense of property?

It’s in the statute, so I used it :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I missed mugging with a knife in the statute, but I have to admit I didn’t read it all lol

1 Like

Okay I think I see what you mean.

So if you are mugged at night in texas in the dark would you theoretically be defending yourself, or your property from being stolen?

1 Like

If someone is trying to rob you of your wallet, at any point in the day or night, that is robbery. If they use/exhibit a weapon or threatens bodily harm, it’s aggravated robbery. Same for other properties. It doesn’t have to be at night. Maybe the use of “mugging” was a bad choice of wording on my part. I can be more direct in the future.

Sec. 29.03. AGGRAVATED ROBBERY. (a) A person commits an offense if he commits robbery as defined in Section 29.02, and he:

(1) causes serious bodily injury to another;

(2) uses or exhibits a deadly weapon; or

(3) causes bodily injury to another person or threatens or places another person in fear of imminent bodily injury or death, if the other person is:

(A) 65 years of age or older; or

(B) a disabled person.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the first degree.

(c) In this section, “disabled person” means an individual with a mental, physical, or developmental disability who is substantially unable to protect himself from harm.

3 Likes