USCCA Defensive Shooting Fundamentals instructors

Hello! Thanks for the reply! Orlando is not too far, about an hour away. I am in Satellite Beach, near Cocoa Beach.
Richard

2 Likes

Tagging some of the other folks I know are instructors on here:
DFS level 1 &2: me, @dawn @RickBall_istic @Joe22 @Michael_T @DougS @Brick
Stop in and say where you are?

1 Like

@MikeBKY you should do it :grin:

1 Like

Dang, I was supposed to be there for that.

1 Like

Alright @Zavier_D get the next one!

I am looking to take one of the instructor courses. Not seeing much in the way of pre-recs or is it just the desire and will?

I taught NRA Pistol back in the 80’s. Now that I am retired, looking to jump back in…

1 Like

@Jerry54 I think @Dawn should be able to give you details :smiley:

What parts of Michigan will you be teaching in?

1 Like

Awesome Zee! Looking at taking a USCCA class in the Vicksburg MS area next month (Defensive Shooting Fundamentals 1). Not many instructors in Louisiana that I could find.

I used to try to take at least 1 organized gun class a year, have not done so in a while. Looking forward to taking some. Need to get off my rear and call the instructor…

1 Like

Congratulations Zee

1 Like

I’m like National Geographic, I has Issues.

1 Like

My perception is that it’s a 5 day course packed into three and I did both the Home Defense/Defensive Carry and DSF1 in four days. That could easily be stretched into four or five days without a moment’s boredom or down time.

1 Like

You do I believe have to be at least an NRA instructor or state certified CCW instructor to be eligible for the USCCA instructor level courses but Dawn can clear that up.

1 Like

@Gerald12 - I currently have ranges I can teach out of near Ann Arbor and Detroit, Michigan, and I’m working on one in Kalamazoo. If you’re in another area, let me know and maybe we can work out a road tour :grin:

@Fred_G let me know when you get your training date! :smiley:

1 Like

For the Defensive Shooting Fundamentals level 1 - there is an e-learning program before you take the actual class. Ask your Training Counselor about it when you set up your class. IF you’re doing level 1 and 2 together, there are two e-learnings.

If you’re doing level 2 by itself, you will have to complete level 1 before then.

You do not have to take the USCCA’s Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals before taking DSF.

Nope, you don’t have to have any NRA or state certifications to be a USCCA Instructor.

Does that help, @Jerry54?

3 Likes

I’m in the Detroit area, so that’s perfect! Let me check with my wife to see if she is interested and I’ll be in touch. Thanks!

2 Likes

Let me know if you want a co-teacher and I’ll see what I can do to get there!

2 Likes

@Gerald12. Awesome! :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations! I received my certification a few months ago and will be teaching in Utah

2 Likes

Sweet! @David_A glad to meet you!

1 Like