USCCA Concealed Carry Instructor Cert

These are the boots I have https://www.viktos.com/collections/footwear/products/strife?variant=31532027729. They are the best boots I have ever had to be honest…well except the Bellvilles I had in the service. I sadly will not be at the training that weekend. I have to go to a wedding and then I will be off to Longview, TX for a class that Sunday.

2 Likes

Dang, I’d better order some new boots soon! I’m taking the 3-day course in July! And I’m betting it’s going to be hotter than Hades those days :hot_face:

3 Likes

How would those boots hold up to miles on concrete and asphalt for 12-14 hour days? I’ve found that I’m having to deal with heel bursitis now. I’m not sure if it was the wrong boots for the conditions i work in or just the fact that I’m getting older honestly.

2 Likes

I wear them everyday and have not had any major issues. Uncle Sam gave me the awesome gift of arthritis in my feet so I wear prescription insoles as well. The toe box on the boot is larger than other boots to allow your feet to spread out especially under a heavy load.

2 Likes

Guy sizes… guess I need to look at the sizing chart. good thing I’ve got big feet!
No women warriors? :thinking:

3 Likes

They are a newer company and have added a lot of new products. I would send them an email or call them, they have great customer service.

2 Likes

Anyone have thoughts on using the Lake Express ferry to cross from MI to WI? is it pretty reliable in September? It would save me having to drive through a state that hates that I have firearms…

2 Likes

I have heard of good things about it but it is costly. I think like $400 for one person and a vehicle. If you are driving through IL look into the safe passage law.

2 Likes

Depending on your gas mileage it may be cheaper to just come up through the UP if you want to avoid Illinois. The UP is better anyway :wink:

4 Likes

I have never taken the Express ferry just the slow coal burner. If you take either make sure you check with the Port Authority before hand to see if they have any new restrictions.

When I went I checked with them the day before, I had my CC on my body and three other hand guns locked in a safe on the bike (yes motorcycle). There were no special restrictions at that time but things could have changed. Maritime law is not the same as state laws which is why I say check with the Port Authority. It was located in a building about 1000 yards from the loading prep area when I did this about 6 years ago.

3 Likes

There’s another thread here about a different ferry across Lake Michigan, might be another option?

3 Likes

@Zee Lake Express does have certain firearm restrictions themselves. Something like must be locked up and left in vehicle and inform them.

I was not carrying when we crossed so I do not know the full restrictions.

It is expensive but worth it.

Hello - This thread bounced around a bit in Google, came out as a news alert and made it’s way to the Lake Express office. I’m writing here to provide a quick reply and clarification from Lake Express regarding our firearms policy. Without exception, you must declare firearms prior to boarding the vessel. Additional information follows, including our contact number for any questions regarding specific terms and conditions of carriage. I hope this helps - AS.

The M/V LAKE EXPRESS is a federally documented passenger vessel (documented by the U. S. Coast Guard) and is subject federal law, including 18 USC 2277 which has been appropriately sited in this thread. Additionally, we are a privately owned company and may therefore prescribe the “Terms and Conditions of Carriage” that we feel are appropriate to our operation.

We make every effort to accommodate our passengers and have several options for our customers who wish to transport fire arms and ammunitions. We have several additional options for uniformed and plain clothes law enforcement officers.

Information regarding carriage of fire arms and ammunition can be obtained by contacting our Customer Service Call Center at 866-914-1010.

Our website, www.lake-express.com includes fare information, a schedule of daily roundtrips between Milwaukee, WI and Muskegon, MI and information on special seasonal promotions.

4 Likes

Mark and I aren’t kidding the range days become very long.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: Long range days
:white_check_mark: Running
:white_check_mark: New field boots
:white_check_mark: Need to memorize large amounts of material and then Stand and Deliver
Y’all aren’t scaring me yet.
Ok, well just a little. Renee says I’m not gonna die, and I know I’ll learn a ton
:white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: Yep, I’m definitely in.

2 Likes

Running drills as am Instructor, not as an athlete.

:joy:

2 Likes

Oh THAaaat… :laughing: Good thing, since I’m just a little past my world-champion-athlete prime :grin:

1 Like

You’re in good company there my friend.

Somewhere around 45yo the wheels started falling off and since I’ve put I think four families kids of my Orthopedic surgeons through college trying to repair the wear and tear of a very exciting life.

2 Likes

Oh and Zee when it comes to boots I’m not particular about brands but I want nothing bu Vibram soles and good insoles.

2 Likes

I miss @Zee and @Dawn.

1 Like

ZEE. Congratulations. Good LUCK :four_leaf_clover:. And stay safe. . You are amazing . I definitely . Know that was no pushover. You earned . Certification. USCCA.:us:. GREAT JOB . Love Bobby jean and Debbie ann. Here’s you a root beer. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::us::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::feather::feather::chile::us::bangbang: