USCCA app Reciprocity map problems

1. In the USCCA app, when I go to My Account and update my state and CCW expiration date – the app crashes and forgets the info.
  2. In the USCCA app, when I go to the Reciprocity Map menu option, then select my home state – the colors on the map mean the opposite as the colors in the key underneath. The map shows my compatible states in blue, but the key underneath says that the tan color are compatible states.
5 Likes

Welcome to the Community @SkyViewer,

Interesting observation… I do not see this problem on my app.
Can you give us more information what mobile device are you using and what is the OS version?

4 Likes

@SkyViewer.
Welcome to the community.
COBRA01
Train Hard and Stay Safe

4 Likes

Android. Samsung S20 5G.

3 Likes

That means - quite new product.
I’m on Android 11 by myself and colors at map work great.

What happens when you DO NOT upgrade state and CCW info, just go to Reciprocity Map and select Home State then check “I have my permit”?

BTW - looks this has to be checked every time I use the app (it doesn’t remember the choice as you have mentioned)

5 Likes

Jerzy, Behavior 2 is what happens when I tell the Map my home state. The colors are reversed.

3 Likes

What State are you choosing? When I go with my IL - all is OK

3 Likes

Welcome to the team @SkyViewer!

4 Likes

Jerzy,

For Illinois, I see this:

4 Likes

Let’s call out @Dawn.
Your IL is slightly different as mine…:zipper_mouth_face:

And additionally I’m not sure if either yours and mine are correct. I have to check it out on my PC.

This is USCCA version for IL CCL carrier:

And this is updated map from other websites:

:grimacing:

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and you are blessed to be here.

2 Likes

OK. I did the research on the Internet, just for one State - which is MAINE (ME)

According to USCCA - Illinois CC permit is recognized at ME and carry is allowed.

According to Dept of Public Safety, State of Maine - IL permit is not recognized.

I, as an Illinoisan, am in really uncomfortable position because State of Illinois doesn’t tell exact States that recognize our permit,

so we have to count on information taken from third parties. USCCA suppose to be the first choice… but… :thinking: :zipper_mouth_face:

Anyway, either my research was incorrect or USCCA info is wrong. Definitely @Dawn is needed here, because I have doubts about USCCA Reciprocity Map.

2 Likes

@SkyViewer - thank you for initiation of this thread. Your “color” issue found more problems than expected… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hopefully we will get some answers soon…

3 Likes

My PC map looks like the one you posted. My Iphone one looks Grey for my home state and white for all the states I can carry in.

2 Likes

Perhaps your phone is set to dark backgrounds, rather than default colors, and that is messing with the color coding for uscca?

2 Likes

My phone is set to default Light mode.

2 Likes

Regardless “color” issue, I think that Reciprocity Map is screwed up… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I just did it on my phone and it was right for me. I’m not sure why you’re still seeing it in the red, white, and blue color scheme.

Here’s what it looks like on my phone with IL selected as my home state with permit:

Here’s what it looks like on my phone with IL selected as my home state without permit:

Both do show Maine as accepting the permit in the copy below.

Are you using the latest version of the app?

2 Likes

Following up - the list from the site you’re using, @Jerzy, is showing that those states also accept Maine’s permit. Illinois does NOT accept Maine’s permit that is why it is not on that list.

Shared with CloudApp

Illinois does not recognize Maine - so it’s not on the list.

I am going to have our Reciprocity Guru check into this for us as well so we have the exact right information.

4 Likes

@Dawn, Google Play says that my app is up to date. Version 1.0.39A, July 10, 2020.
I also see that in addition to the color reversal, my version is sorting the lists of permitting states alphabetically, while your screenshot shows them to be unsorted.

3 Likes