USCCA and Washington State

@Dawn Any updates to the situation?

1 Like

I know progress is being made, but I do not have any dates or specifics yet, @Robert224. I will definitely be plastering the info all over the Community as soon as I have anything definitive!

2 Likes

Dawn,
Here is my idea, As for membership benefits as a member of the USCCA you offer counseling assistance and all the other benefits that you offer just as membership benefits, not as an Insurance policy. The same as we offer training to the public offer assistance in representation. Or am I just missing the point all together?

3 Likes

The situation continues and I still carry daily but, now without the support I really appreciated from the USCCA. Not that I do not have your support but not in the way we all want. I was actually thinking of moving out of state but, for now I want to make my statement and support my second amendment rights and train self defense, conceal carry, Gun safety, and self-improvement.

3 Likes

There are a lot of options being worked on and considered, @Todd30. I’m waiting anxiously to see what is going to be made available as well. :slight_smile: I wish I had a better answer for you. :confused:

3 Likes

I see that a little more than a month ago Washington was still in the dark and all of us - USCCA members - that lost our coverage with Washington’s crap, are still anxiously waiting something to return. Rather than it coming into Washington as an insurance co., couldn’t we just call it a “Membership fee with legal retainer for the self defense of our families and ourselves”? :slight_smile: Of course, I know nothing of that industry. Just spewing. Any updates as of the end of June would be greatly appreciated?
WWG1WGA

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @Jason100. USCCA is not an insurance company but WA says they are.
That is where the problem arises.

2 Likes

Washingtonians! Vote democrat Myron B Kreidler out of office this November. His time is up much like non-essential Inslee. If you want more CHOP(CHAZ) situations vote democrat so everything will be globalized and borderless for more “peaceful protests” and “summer of love” situations, otherwise vote for someone that actually fights for our state and country. Real patriots. Bring light to the darkness. Stars and stripes forever and God bless our veterans, servicemen and law enforcement.

3 Likes

Thank you @MikeBKY. Is it just the election that can fix this and is there resources that USCCA is already pushing against?

1 Like

We’re working on a number of different options so that we can find the one that works for all of the responsibly armed Americans across the country. There are a lot of details to work out.

As soon as we have anything to share we will be shouting it from the rooftops (so to speak)!

3 Likes

Hey Dawn. Is there a way we in Washington can have access to attorneys that USCCA approves? I cannot find a good resource for 2A attorneys; hopefully I’ll never need one, but better to be prepared. Thanks.

4 Likes

August 4 is the primary. General election is November 3. Online and mail in ballots MUST BE RECEIVED 8 days before election day.

Anyone here from Washington State, consider whom you vote in for Commissioner of Insurance. I listened to incumbent Mike Kreidler’s inarticulate, misleading, and disingenuous interview about why he isn’t allowing USCCA and some others to sell self-defense insurance in WA state. He is clearly either not qualified for the job, or has a hidden anti-gun agenda.

If the following link to the interview does not work, type in tinyurl dot com slash MikeKreidlerOnLarsLarson Self-defense policies backed by the NRA are banned due to the "insuring of unlawful activity" in WA state. - The Lars Larson Show

1 Like

I’ll definitely bring that up to the group working on the options for Washington state, @Robert224!

3 Likes

I just sent a somewhat lengthy email to Governor Jay Inslee asking why this issue has not been given some serious thought. Law abiding Washingtonian’s deserve to have the piece of mind that comes with a USCCA membership. Look, no one wants to use deadly force but I’ll be dammed if I am going to become a victim or let any of my family or some innocent bystander become a victim of some deranged criminal that is hell bent on violence.
Washington residents should have the same right to this type of insurance. It is the same as having car insurance and your in an accident, whether it is your fault or not your covered. I see no difference.

Any thoughts on this is welcome, thank you.

3 Likes

I am with you on this. Welcome to the community. This subject has come up before and the person of interest is Insurance Commissioner Mike Kreidler has fined the USCCA for violating Washington state laws by selling unauthorized insurance that illegally covers defense costs for criminal shootings. This is were our problems is. USCCA agreed to pay a $100,000 fine and $5,457 in unpaid premium taxes, penalties and interest and to continue not selling the insurance in Washington state. Fines assessed by Kreidler are deposited in the state’s general fund to pay for state services.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family and you are blessed to be here.

Welcome to the family.

1 Like

Combined the two threads on the same topic. ~Dawn

1 Like

Thank you, and you can bet my next email goes to Mr. Kreidler. I’m not a huge chat person but when I found I had access to this I thought what the hell I’ll give it a try. I just try not to pound away at my keyboard all day long.

2 Likes

Thank You, and you know I feel a little blessed because I’m alive and I intend to stay that way with or without USCCA Insurance.

2 Likes