“Unusual” Carry Handguns?

Thank you all.

1 Like

My trail/hunting gun is a S&W mod. 19 with 6" barrel. Easy to carry, fun to shoot and though I can’t hit the woods anymore L’ll never get rid of it. I still warm it it up now and then shooting mostly 38 target ammo, but when it is inmynightstand drawer it is loaded with 125 gr 357 JHPs - an effective load that still is easy to shoot.

2 Likes

My daily carry.

3 Likes

The model 19 is an outstanding classic! Bill Jordan’s favorite gun and he was fast as blazes with it. If anyone is interested go to YouTube and find old Bill Jordan videos of his demonstrations. That was a real Lawman who took his safety seriously. NO one was going to beat him to that draw!

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies and pics! I’m always fascinated by which guns/rigs etc folks pic for EDC and for special uses like hiking, hunting etc.

Every once in a while when I’m doing things where this would NOT be out of place I like to carry this rig.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother William I have the same gun with a tlr6 on it, FDE I love that color

1 Like

Yeah it’s a very nice gun. Slim and sturdy. Haven’t had a problem with any type of ammunition or finding anything els I need for it. The daily conceal carry extras and parts alone are so readily available from so many companies it makes maintenance and the recreational use of this firearm a very cost affective choice.

Thanks for welcoming me. I’m glad to be a part of the uscca!

1 Like

Daily carry with dressier outfit= Ruger LCP with Viridian laser

Daily carry with more-casual outfit= Sig Sauer P365 with Sig Sauer proprietary laser

“Deep Woods” cowboy carry (same ammo for both)= S&W 646+ with Crimson Trace Laser Grips, and 357 Magnum Henry Big Boy rifle

Hardly “unusual” except perhaps for the last combo, but effective

3 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and hope you learn from the community.

1 Like

Glad to be here. Between the USCCA, the NRA, Shootrite Training LLC and Front Sight FireArms I’m to a good start. Always willing to learn.

2 Likes

I may or may not have legitimately carried a Percussion revolver as my only firearm on a hike…

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and be blessed.

That’s awesome!!! BTW some folks don’t consider Single Action revolvers good SD weapons. If anyone is n that group, please go check out a SASS shoot and you’ll change your mind right quick! What a good shooter that practices with his Single Action revolver can do with these guns is just short of amazing!!!

1 Like