Unsigning of the UN Small Arms Treaty

So I just saw the video of the NRA-ILA conference where President Trump spoke and signed his intentions to undo our involvement with the UN Small Arms Treaty. What are your thoughts on the implications of this?

2 Likes

I’m all for it. Because the UN SMALL ARMS TREAD TREATY calls for an INTERNATIONAL GUN REGISTRY that would have EVERY GUN OWNERS NAME HOME ADDRESS, THE NUMBER OF FIREARMS, AND THE CALIBER. And this Registry would be given to EVERY COUNTRY THAT SIGNED THE TREATY. And this is how I feel about the UN. I DEMAND that President Trump DEFUND THE UN 100% AND TELL THEM TO LEAVE AMERICA AT ONCE.

IMG_20161031_150358107|281x500 OK

2 Likes

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one who believes the USA should leave the UN. I’ve been saying for awhile that we should drop out and form our own version that is better suited to our ideals.

2 Likes

While I totally agree the “UN Small Arms Treaty” is a bad thing I am not so sure leaving the UN is a good idea.

The idea of the UN was the brain child of President Woodrow Wilson right after WWI. Then it was called the League of Nations. Our congress at the time would not allow the US to join saying what happens over there is not our problem. President Wilson publicly stated if the US did not join and help lead the “League” there would be another world war within 20 years. He was very close in his prediction.

Do we really want a world origination to exist without having any say in the policies it makes? Just think if the rest of the world as a whole decided to try and force their policies on the US.
As a single nation we may be the most powerful with superior technologies, but look at some of the advanced weapons of the time in Nazi Germany during WWII. They were defeated because of the majority of the world was against them (well that and some really bad decisions). Do we really want to place ourselves as the bad guys to the world as a whole?

I am an 8 year Army veteran and a patriot, but I do not want to see us put ourselves in a bad position with the rest of the world because we did not consider the consciences of our actions.

I expect and welcome other opinions and view points to this post. If it were not for the great respect we have all given each other in the past I would have felt very uneasy about this post. Now I feel the worst that can happen is I may get educated/enlightened to things I may not have thought of or considered.

2 Likes

Are those other countries already not trying to force their opinions, laws and policies on us through UN treaties like the Small Arms treaty?

Don’t get me wrong, I am not attacking anyone here. I’m also hoping to learn myself. My question above is to keep the discussion going so that I can learn too, or at the very least have the opportunity to explain why I think the way I do.

4 Likes

Sorry but the UN has changed from what it was founded on 70 years ago. And it is in part because of countries that have joined and their views. The UN has for the LAST 20 YEARS OR MORE HAVE BECOME ANTI-ISRAEL. And blames Israel for ALL SORTS OF HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS. But most of the countries on the committee ARE ARABIC AND MUSLIM COUNTRIES. AMD they have more HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATIONS THAN ISRAEL. But they don’t get called on it.

4 Likes

While I appreciate your honesty and respect your beliefs, I was hoping to keep this specific to how it relates to the US and how the UN helps or negatively impacts Americans directly.
This forum is for law abiding firearms owners of the USA. And it was my intention to keep it relevant to the spirit of the forums creation.
While we all have our own opinions, thoughts, theories and personal experiences, it would be most beneficial to keep these threads as neutral as possible when it comes to differing politics and religions as those tend to produce the highest explosive factor when disagreements arise.
Understand that I am in no way, shape or form trying to minimalize your experiences or contributions, rather I am trying to steer the topic back to its proper course of how the UN and its policies impact American firearms owners.
Have a great weekend everyone!

1 Like

I don’t need failing countries who can’t even protect themselves anymore without our troops to tell me how to protect myself, my family and above all my USA.

I was born free & will die free.
God bless USA :us::us::us:

3 Likes

The UN does have an effect on America. They keep trying to tell us that we need to have OPEN BORDERS, TO LET ANYONE AND EVERYONE INTO OUR COUNTRY WITHOUT VETTING THEM. And that we need to also let ALL REFUGEES INTO THE COUNTRY AS WELL. They also have said NOT TO BUILD THE WALL ON THE BORDER. Also over the years the UN has also become ANTI-AMERICA AS WELL. And they keep PUSHING GEORGE SOROS’ ONE WORLD ORDER. And part of that order is to DISARM EVERY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD AND HAVE ONE GOVERNING BODY THAT TELLS EVERY ONE AND COUNTRY WHAT TO DO. Just look at the EU it is sort of Soros’ ONE WORLD ORDER. And just look at the problems it is having now.

1 Like

Unsigning the treaty is a great thing. We, as a sovereign nation are not subject to the whim, and will of any other nation. I don’t think we should leave the UN. I do believe, we should cut how much money we send the UN. Connections within the UN, give our nation the opportunity to actually help the others that really do need help. We are a charter/permanent member.

3 Likes

AWESOME on unsigning the treaty. On UN membership, it’s harder to assert any influence over a group you aren’t a part of.

1 Like