Under what circumstances would you spend $5,000 or more on a firearm?

This one is worth a lot more than that. Custom commercial German Magnum square bridge Mauser in .375 H&H hand engraved in Austria. The scope by itself is almost $3k. This was my 49th birthday gift from my wife.

8 Likes

Hear me out. Imagine 5 grand worth of Hi Points.

5 Likes

And a pickup truck to carry them around? :rofl:

4 Likes

There was a scene in the Netflix movie " The Highwaymen" when Costner walked into a rural gunshop and bought a BAR and a Colt Monitor along with enough guns to supply a platoon. That would be me after a large lottery hit.

4 Likes
  1. I win the lottery and gain a disposable income.
  2. John Wayne actually shot the 6-shooter.
2 Likes

Assuming money wasn’t an object I’d probably go higher end of the AR10 market in .308 as I don’t have a long range rifle. A good scope for distance with an offset Aimpoint RDS just in-case I needed something close.

4 Likes

At my age I can safely say never. In earĺier days when I owned a lot of guns and shot them aall a lot I was an admirer of nice guns but never WANTED them. I didn’t want anything that I woildn’t take into the woods and the brush and my best clay target scores were always shot with Remington 1100s. I still admire nice guns though.

3 Likes

Is there an A-10 attached?

5 Likes

6 Likes

Now your talking!

4 Likes

Under what circumstances? If my dear wife goes before me so she can’t say “You spent WHAT on another gun?”

3 Likes

I think that was one of Husseins rifles

1 Like

A 50 BMG. Its about the last thing I want and don’t have.

2 Likes

I would if I had the disposable income to make such a purchase and if the gun was an antique, custom, or of historical significance that it might increase in value. I have read that such firearms can be good investments. Also, as a bonus, they would be way more fun to look at than an IRA, lol.

2 Likes

Anything 50 bmg, anything beltfed (fitelight mcr, semi auto 249), anything on the truely custom end of the spectrum, high end PRS guns, original HKs(mp5, g3, g36, UMP, et al), one off custom chambered ARs (nemo omen, sword international mjolnir) and thats before we even get into the world of the NFA and transferable machineguns.

2 Likes

The last time the wife went with me she bought herself a stacatto p, she doesnt have much room to criticize :joy:

3 Likes