Under what circumstances would you spend $5,000 or more on a firearm?

DARN!! I need new shingles on my ROOF!! $8000

3 Likes

High on the reefer, and downing a 5th of Tequilla??? LOL!!!

4 Likes

If I found one I wanted, and had $5K laying around.

2 Likes

Agreed

3 Likes

I’ve spent $2,300…
But very impressed at the posts from the Community…
Guess I can’t join the 5k club at the moment…
I “could” but… :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

@Nathan57, Brother you are speaking French to me right now, :joy: I am a pistol kinda guy. I own one simple AR and that’s the M&P. But everything your telling me sounds good.:+1::+1:

3 Likes

The funny thing about guns, is if you shoot them very much, the real cost is ammo.

200 rounds a month at $20 per 50: $80 per month $960 per year, $9600 in ammo over 10 years. Add in range fees, a class every year or so… :grinning:

11 Likes

Reading comprehension is lacking on this site. For example, this thread does not ask the reader to name a firearm they would buy.

I have a custom $5k plus AR-15 if you add in accessories and such probably comes out to $7kish, almost $2k on scope alone. That sits on a custom AR-10 now. I started as a long range shooter in competition. Had it built custom. Heck everything on it is custom. I also have a custom FNZ .45 that with trigger work and replacing most everything is probably $5ish that was my race gun for competitions.

3 Likes

Actually the title and your original post states, “Under what circumstances would you spend $5,000 or more on a firearm?”

Regardless, put their answers in the form of your demanded format. Such as: “Full auto M240G!!!”, becomes “when I can buy a full auto M240G!!!”. Most of the rest of the responses will work to satisfy your demand with a grammar tweak.

8 Likes

Because folks write about what they want to write about, and the way you set up topics invites us to spin off in other directions.

No thread police :star2: — where else can one find such freedom?

9 Likes

If I found something I liked enough, and my wife could NOT find out!

6 Likes

Are you the content thread police? :crazy_face:

6 Likes

None exist.

4 Likes

If there were content police, all communication would cease…everywhere.

5 Likes

Couldn’t get myself to spend that on an H&K MP5 full auto way back when.

Now I wish I had.

5 Likes

Barrett

5 Likes

Inflation? :laughing:

6 Likes

The writing comprehension ain’t so hot either. “This thread” asks nothing — you asked the question via the thread. :laughing:

7 Likes

Let me rephrase my answer.

Picture it USA, 2021-2022, any day of the week, when the merchant was in a selling mood, I was in a buying mood, it was not raining and during daylight hours. A Humvee with a Ma deuce became available!

6 Likes