Under what circumstances would you spend $5,000 or more on a firearm?

Under what circumstances would you spend $5,000 or more on a firearm? Have fun.

4 Likes

Full auto M240G!!!

6 Likes

I’ve won the lottery, and bought one of these.

9 Likes

Lottery.

Reopening of the machine gun registry.

3 Likes

A couple of my dads trap guns were in the $10-$15K range.

2 Likes

Always been a fan of the Korth and Wilson Combat builds. Have to come into some ‘extra’ money, maybe Joe will send me a check!!
Would also like to mount a.50 cal in the back of the truck, I could get one for free but the drive to Afghanistan would be a problem. :joy::joy:

11 Likes

None, never.

8 Likes

NEVER. I could buy 2 serviceable firearms for $1500.00, ammo and accessories for $1000.00
and spend the rest on preps for 3 months. :thinking:

Nancy8 says only if she was going elephant hunting and needed an elephant gun. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

It would have to be just to get something “nice”. Functionally, there isn’t much you can’t do with a pistol, rifle, or shotgun that costs less than a grand unless you are asking it to do something very unique or difficult like shoot out past a mile or disable an engine block. So to pay $5k for a firearm it would need to be something rare or very custom. A super custom hand-polished race gun or super custom hand-crafted precision long range rifle or a full auto MP5 :smiley:

Sure a $10 bargain bin watch tells the time just like a $100 Timex or a $10,000 Rolex… but the Rolex is just “nicer”.

3 Likes

Humvee with a Ma Deuce installed!

4 Likes

What circumstances would allow you to purchase that? The thread does not ask what you would buy.

So what?

Oh well just excuse the fvck out of me!

3 Likes

With $5000 I can buy a few M&P top of the line pistols including Core and Performance Center models. Maybe a few AR15s. I would be like a kid and a candy store.

3 Likes

If I felt like it.
If the M1C of my dreams appeared.
If the 1941 Johnson appeared.
If I ever got back into long range competition and needed a new stick.

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

I guess if I had to downgrade from the Parker.

4 Likes

Winning the lottery.

3 Likes

At the same time, I could blow 5 grand on one AR pretty easily.

Say an ADM UIC Core 13.9" rifle with a Surefire Socom 556 Mini2, Cloud Defensive Reign, and an ACOG in a QD mount would be pushing $5k for the one solo AR.

I consider any of the ‘stuff’ I’d add to it on a semi-permanent basis when evaluating the “cost” of said firearm, after all

…and forget about it if talking KAC SR15 with an eliteLPVO, talking about a what $6-$7k investment with suppressor and light and mags

2 Likes

That is an easy answer… IF I had the money to buy a gun that is worth 5Gs I would buy it!

5 Likes

If that is the last one and the guy next to me is begging me to sell it for $10,000…or more :wink:

5 Likes