Twitter Permanently Bans President Donald Trump

It’s about time.
j@r

@Joseph_A1 - to what, exactly, are you referring?

You can get the virus from reading a dirty account on Twitter? :slight_smile: I didn’t know this.

I don’t know what happened there. Russians may have published some unflattering detail about the competitor, and Master Jack decided we need not read it, or may be a corporate hit job, upon request of our Big Pharma. Speculation is for naught.

All I know is censoring information about safety of pharmaceuticals, food supply, or environment can threaten lives. I was in HI in 2010 I think, at the height of Fukushima disaster, and there was a mention on the local radio, never repeated in print or otherwise, that radiation spike had been detected in milk, and I know how jealously they guard appearance of safety of the food supply (not safety itself, the appearance of it). If Erin Brokovich had a social media account would it be shut down? If a natural disaster or industrial accident is looming, would you rely on Twitter for prompt information, or would they censor the news for a while, so important folks can get out before the roads get packed?

Censorship = 0 trust.

2 Likes

Thank you.

[USCCA Community] [News & Current Events/Current Events] Twitter Permanently Bans President Donald Trump

@Joseph_A1… ah.

1 Like

All i have to say about twitter is this:
“Orange man bad, give boot”
“Explicit vids of minors good, will take lawsuit to keep”

Yes, Twitter is being sued by a minor over refusing to remove a vid the dumb kid was duped into filming that got uploaded to twitter.

Society is in an incredibly sick place.

1 Like

It may seem this way, if you are viewing society through the window of MSM or social media. I think most of society is just fine. Why the sick fraction is being “amplified” (a popular term nowadays), by whom, and for what purpose - are all good questions.

3 Likes

A useful point to bring up. Thanks!

A small step… Twitter bans a few ANTIFA accounts.

Is it because of Antifa riots in Seattle/Portland against Biden? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Twitter permanently bans Mike Lindell. The My Pillow guy. I don’t know if I should laugh or shake my head.

Sleep on it, first. :rofl:

2 Likes

A privately owned paltform that has special protections from the federal government (Section 230) to promote free speech, it ceases to have the priviledges of a private company. Wonder how they grew so big? Tax exemptions helped. Trump was still President when they banned him, Twitter is in the wrong.

1 Like

“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” Thomas Jefferson. What is so moronic about Twitter is it could be a powerful tool for law enforcement to quell riots and crime before it happens since they can get the information direct from the source. Free speech should be allowed, even if it is offensive, especially if it is offensive to politicians.

1 Like

The new regulations announced by DeSantis include:

• Mandatory opt-outs from big tech’s content filters, a solution to tech censorship first proposed by Breitbart News in 2018.
  • A private right of action for Floridian citizens against tech companies that violate this condition.
  • Fines of $100,000 per day levied on tech companies that suspend candidates for elected office in Florida from their platforms.
  • Daily fines for any tech company “that uses their content and user-related algorithms to suppress or prioritize the access of any content related to a political candidate or cause on the ballot.”
  • Greater transparency requirements.
  • Disclosure requirements enforced by Florida’s election authorities for tech companies that favor one candidate over another.
  • Power for the Florida attorney general to bring cases against tech companies that violate these conditions under the state’s Unfair and Deceptive Practices Act.

I applaud Gov.DeSantis, and hope this legislation holds up. I mean, if CA has unique privacy protection laws, why can’t FL have unique laws protecting free speech and government communications.

3 Likes

I didn’t want to open a new topic for worthless Twitter. Soon to be worthless, as in - stock price will collapse. And the execs exposed for overstating company value. Doubt SEC will investigate and prosecute for fraud, but would be nice.

2 Likes