Tucson, AZ

Going to Tucson next week. Wanted some suggestions of what to do/see. I have the trails and historical stuff, but was wondering if I might be missing anything in my searches.

5 Likes

Depends on how much time you’ll be out there, and traveling distance. Are you concentrating on Tucson only or surrounding areas also. There’s Tombstone, mine museum in Bisbee, Paragonia mountains.

5 Likes

Thats about an Hour away from where I visit family, definitely worth checking out Tombstone.

Im headed there early April and there is a Mine Tour in Bisbee i believe it is that looks interesting…

5 Likes

Go say HI to my Mother, tell her that son that doesn’t call enough says Howdy.

4 Likes

Not much to see in Tucson itself.
Tombstone and the surrounding areas are where the sights are.
There is an abandoned Minuteman Silo about an hour away that gives tours by reservation.

6 Likes

Thank you for the information. @Ronald150, just a week vacation. I’ve been to Sedona, Scottsdale, Flagstaff, and the canyon, so I decided to see the Tucson area. I don’t believe I read anything about the silo. Everything is a bit of a distance from Tucson, understand that, but is far closer to those places mentioned than Phoenix.

1 Like

I suppose no guns allowed, like Hoover Dam (big mistake on my part).

Near Tucson there is also the Pima Air Museum. I went there years ago with my late father on a day trip. We also went to the missile silo as well. And my father scared the guide giving the tour. My father started naming some of the parts that he saw by part numbers. And it was because my father sold those type of parts. There also use to be OLD TUCSON STUDIOS. that you could go in and walk around some of the old sets used to make movies and TV shows. But there was a fire around 6 years ago. And most of it burned down. And I haven’t heard if the rebuilt it and have opened back up.

3 Likes

I am not sure TBH.

https://titanmissilemuseum.org/
is the link to their web site.

3 Likes

I was just working in the desert North of Tucson a couple of weeks ago. It was still a little on the hot side then but looks like things are cooling down for next week. Bring a jacket for the cool mornings and evenings.

I would add the Sonora Desert Museum for anyone who is into wildlife and natural history. It’s actually in Tucson. Kartchner Caverns and Ramsey Canyon are a bit further away but closer I think than Tombstone and Bisby which are also worth seeing.

Enjoy your trip!

2 Likes

The oldest family-owned Mexican restaurant in the U.S. is there. El Charro Cafe. Highly recommend it.

3 Likes

I was trying to remember the name of the really good Mexican place we ate at several years ago in Tucson and that is the one!

3 Likes

I appreciate all feedback. I will definitely use the information to decide my options. Just arrived late last night. Staying at the WorldMark in Oro Valley, a bit North of Tucson.

6 Likes

It is stated to be “permanently closed”.

2 Likes

Ate there yesterday. Food was good. Thanks for the recommendation.

5 Likes

Por nada.

1 Like

Went to the Sonora Desert and we also visited the museum. Amazing landscape. Here are a few:

r

6 Likes