trying to figure out whay I now have

a facebook account???

can NOT recall ever signing up for one???

any suggestions or advice???

1 Like

Someone got ahold of your email and phone.

2 Likes

If it’s that simple we could all be screwed!

2 Likes

My dog has a Facebook account :dog:

More than 12 years ago, I used to prank my friends with duplicate accounts. It was much easier back then to create email accounts from multiple providers.

2 Likes

I think it is that simple.

Which is why you should never divulge any information to someone over Facebook, or add them as a friend , or share sensitive information about trips, yourself, pictures, etc, on FB.

Other people are the ones at risk, I think, if someone has a fake account on your name. Other people are the ones who might give info out thinking it’s to you.

If your family, friends, etc, know you don’t have a FB that I think would really help mitigate concerns?

4 Likes

I tried to help my dad with his Facebook password recently. There is a recovery process that apparently involves uploading photo ID to facebook to prove who you are. Of course, I don’t really recommend uploading photo ID, but it seems like there is a way to lock this down.

3 Likes

User authentication has improved which makes it harder to keep multiple accounts.

*Don’t ask why I need multiple accounts.

3 Likes

Ok I won’t. :rofl:

2 Likes

Folk’s PLEASE don’t give ‘THE ZUCK’ ANY info.
It’s like running up to Hitler and shouting ‘I’m a Jew !’
I don’t do Social media except here.
My faceplant account is long dormant but it’s still there.
It will ALWAY’s be there, This social media can get away from us.
In WW2 they had a saying: “Loose lips sink ships!”
People have lost jobs because of TMI ! Divorces, Murdered. This
is no longer a game people. Be careful. (say’s the guy who admitted…Everything!) :thinking:

4 Likes

FB acct. Never had, never will. Heard enough from people who have accounts and someone else’s actions has impacted them negatively by dragging them on their coattails. Besides, the people I want to share with I call or text, it’s never for public consumption. The fact you now have a Facebook account that you didn’t sign up for concerns me. Don’t know what’s up but I’d make every effort possible to get it cancelled and removed. One thing I might do first is to see the content and contacts to make sure there’s nothing compromising in the content.

1 Like