Weekend Drills: Trigger Control Drills

@45IPAC had a great drill in another post for trigger control, you balance a spent bullet casing or a dime on the front sight post and dry fire after getting a good sight picture. If done correctly the casing or dime won’t fall off the front sight post. You can also put the dime on the barrel or A2 flash hider of an AR15 to practice trigger control and a washer by the chamber to see if your breathing is in check/making sure you don’t jerk the gun around.

10 Likes

This is a great way to practice…it’s even better with a dry fire mag

3 Likes

@James. thx for reminding this drill. Another nice spent 30 minutes away from PC or TV :ok_hand:

4 Likes

@James Besides the dime, spent casing, and dry fire mag… I also move around the house with a small level that has an adhesive rubber magnet that I attached to it. Move around and dry fire keeping the bubble in the center of the level. Another cheap hack I “invented” and practice.
Not as easy as it looks.

EDIT: You can perform this drill without the adhesive magnet. However I like to go from various pistol positions to ready, and without the magnet that wouldn’t be possible. Examples: From traditional low ready to ready. From compressed ready to ready. From high ready to ready, etc.
And… when you move around the house do your best Ninja body and foot movements.

8 Likes

I am new to USCCA and reading all of these awesome tips is quite helpful. TexasEskimo, this is a definite for me. Thanks for the share!

1 Like