Tricks & tips for cooking

I know this thread has been taken over by @Todd30 , our Cook Chief… but I’d like to brag a little as well. :blush:

It’s gonna be ready in 30 minutes…

3 Likes

i thought we decided every pic must come with a description/recipe

1 Like

oops… :grimacing:

So… you go to the butcher and look for the best tomahawk you can find.
Then - salt, pepper, salt, pepper, salt, pepper… and leave it at room temperature for minimum two hours.
Prepare 1 cube of butter, olive oil, about 15 garlic cloves, a lot of rosemary. Put all together in alu tray.

Heat the grill up to 550F then put the steak on it for 2 minutes, then turn 90 degrees and keep another 2 minutes. Do the same on the other side. Once you have nice grill marks, use the high rack, place your steak on it and the tray underneath.
Keep grilling, basting the meat with the juice from the tray every few minutes.
Steak is ready once reaches inside temperature of 130F.
I use temp sensor to get best results.
Place it on the dish, cover with aluminum foil and keep aside for 5 minutes.

It is great alone, but I like it with baked potatoes and french salad.

Bon Appétit :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

By no means, that there is some good grub!!! My mouth is watering!

3 Likes

Go to the butcher and get some boneless beef short ribs. Coat with your favorite dry rub and let sit until it’s room temperature. Char on all sides over a hot grill, and enjoy

2 Likes

Fresh flavorful products make fresh flavorful dishes.

3 Likes

Laying a wooden spoon on boiling pot will prevent it from boiling over!

3 Likes

Meat quality = Meat grading

• Prime – Abundant marbling from young, well-fed cattle, almost always sold to high-end restaurants, gourmet grocers and better butcher shops

• Choice – Less marbling but still high-quality meat

• Select – Uniform in quality but leaner than higher grades and the most common grade found in grocery stores

3 Likes

alligator meat to cost anywhere from $7 to $25 or more per pound. This meat is harder to find and will cost more than other types of meat, which is why it will also cost more. The price will usually depend on several factors, the most important being where you live, where you’re purchasing the meat from, how much you actually buy, and the type of alligator you go for. As an example, a one-pound package of alligator nuggets can be priced at about $15 to $25 per pound .Unless @Blacky sent the live Alligator to the right address! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Speaking meat grades and cost today. Finding prime grade in my area is hard to do. I do have one source that usually has prime ribeye and filets. The admirals (wife, I might be Capt. of our boats, but she is in charge of the fleet) B-day came up so I stopped in for a couple of filets, not sure the exact price but it was +$32/lb. Still it was oh-so worth it.
:thinking: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Meat prices have doubled and availability of product is scarce! The food industry is struggling.

3 Likes

Poached Halibut

5 Likes

That looks fantastic :yum:

2 Likes

Thanks

3 Likes

Stop it @Todd30 , I have been trying to lose 14lbs for 3 years now but every time you put things like this up I keep gaining weight. :laughing:

3 Likes

How do you think my girlfriend feels?

3 Likes

Every layer of pasta is a different flavor of pasta.
Caramelized onion, marinara, spinach, mushroom, sun dried tomato pasta.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I check the current price for a take out 12 " medium veggie pizza last Saturday—$26—$30 incl. tax!
Ai-yi-yi! :scream:

1 Like

I was purchasing beef tenderloin for 14.98 a lb. and now it is 30.00 a lb. and all meat prices have increased. Also finding product, having it available has been hard. Chicken wings went from 30.00 a case to 99.00 a case. So, with product prices going crazy so is take out prices!

1 Like