Traveling through states that I do not have reciprocity in

my son seems to be constantly taking training classes in TN. He took rifle 1 with Warrior Poet Society, and has rifle 2 and 3 coming up the second half of the month. I saw Fall Creek Falls State Park and Dead Zero shooting rage in Spencer on the internet, looked at my wife and said “that’s all I need for a happy retirement.” I’ll be definitely hitting up GunMagWarehouse.com after the move.
Interesting in that the areas of TN and FL the wife and I have been looking at, they are nearly all 2a sanctuary counties. That wasn’t a prerequisite in the search for our retirement, but it is something we both are happy to see.

2 Likes

I’m in CT as well, I drive to MA at least 2-5 days a week for work and I drive a work truck that I refer to as my companies billboard with “SAFETY” and the company name and number plastered all over it, I clear my EDC right before the MA line, lock it up separate as to follow laws, but it is beyond frustrating. Waiting to hear back on an LTC in MA but their annual cost is ridiculous at $100. Luckily I don’t pose a direct threat or raise suspicion to any law enforcement driving as I can’t go over the speed limit with a governor on the truck and the decals I’m stuck with…Wanting to leave this area of the country more and more as the days go by.

2 Likes

Thank you for your story and congratulations on becoming a Volunteer.
The rights-erosion has been going on ever since the defeat of states rights at Gettysburg. Re-read the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution and you’ll realize just how ancient and powerful the DC cancel culture really is. Incidentally, the lie used by federal politicians and bureaucrats for trashing the Tenth is the Interstate Commerce clause.
Cheers for ALL the valiant Red state legislatures and governors affirming Constitutional Carry…it’s truly a breath of states rights fresh air.

1 Like

We fled CT over three years ago and have never looked back. I had added a UT (reciprocal) non-res carry permit to my (anti-reciprocal, 5 year valid) CT resident carry permit in order to travel with my guns. Regardless, I NOW hold a FREE, PERMANENT Louisiana carry permit with about the same 32+ state reciprocity as Utah. Another benefit? My LA state income tax is about 1/6th of my last CT return partly due to a total exemption for SS & MilPay. Another? My 10% military discount (virtually unknown in CT) pays for the 10% sales tax in LA. Congratulations on leaving the NUTCASE STATE.

3 Likes

House under contract yesterday morning, great offer over asking price, flexibility for us to find a place. Just stopped in PA. VA tonight,TN tomorrow to start the search.

1 Like

Tennessee

1 Like

Oh yeah, CT at other, foregrip must be vertical. Can’t make this stuff up …
LuCan…hit the border on 81…

1 Like