Tomorrow: New firearm

Congrats!

My very first new handgun was a Smith & Wesson Sigma SW40F, the ancestor of the SD9.

Mine was a very early .40 S&W model made before the Glock lawsuit. Over twenty years later and it still runs like a champ!

2 Likes

Thanks, @Edge. I appreciate it. Oh, yeah, the infamous Sigma
 :smirk:

1 Like

Never call a real gun a toy because there not toys.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums Robert!

As far as guns being toys, I think as adults, we know the difference
 Yes, I have gun toys. No, I don’t treat them as children’s toys. Plus, I live alone, so I don’t have the issues others might have with children and such.

2 Likes

I have the Sig SP2022 and love it. Because of arthritis in my right thumb the decocking lever is a winner. Never a FTF or ejection problem. stock sights work well even in low light situations. I think you are making a good choice.

2 Likes

@Thomas40 I am a big fan of Sig. I’ve shot a few Sig firearms and they just feel right in your hand. Thank God that gun dealers have layaway plans to purchase guns you love. It can become an expensive hobby.

2 Likes

Nice pistol, the only issue you should look a on the venom series is the trigger, it has had its issues. Mine had the trigger group with plastic parts that weren’t up to the challenge of the safe action springs. Thus occasionally when squeezing the trigger sometimes it wouldn’t trip the pairing sear from stretching of the plastic parts. Other than that it performed well in accuracy and with all ammunition’s, good luck sir.

1 Like

For any of you looking something less expensive and a great firearm, look at Cannik by Century Arms, one of my clients who is a 3 gun competitor uses the basic model, within five minutes of not knowing or hearing of Cannik, I was drawing and nail driving rounds, there is a elite pro model that two clients have bought and all I can is amazing firearm for the money. Basic Cannik you can find around 299 to 320.

1 Like

You’re right, @Robert102, guns shouldn’t be considered toys. But I don’t think anyone in this forum means guns are literally toys. Just like my motorcycle isn’t a toy, but I refer to it that way. I take my guns and my motorcycle very seriously, even though I don’t always refer to them seriously. And when you don’t know someone and are reading something in text, it makes that distinction very hard.

It’s a good thing to remember people will take your comments out of context, so more information and the right phraseology can be very important!

Welcome to the Community, @Robert102! Glad to have you here!

2 Likes

I just got a Ruger AR-556 along with a red dot sight. Very fun to shoot!

1 Like

@Rachel How did you did pay for it if you don’t mind me asking? I’m very intrigued by Springfield Saint Victor.

1 Like

How did I pay for it??

1 Like

Did you mean how much? I got it at a local big box outdoor sporting goods store. It was $799 plus the red dot was $150.

1 Like

@Rachel Yeah, how much
 :man_facepalming::laughing:

Not a bad deal.

1 Like