Tomorrow: New firearm

Tomorrow I am adding a new firearm to my collection: Smith&Wesson SD9 VE. Then in October and November, I am adding a Sig SP2022 and Glock 19 respectively.

thinking to himself this is becoming an expensive hobby and self-defense Oh, well. :eyes::man_shrugging:

11 Likes

The SD9VE is a very under appreciated gun. I took my ccw course with one. The only semiauto it wouldn’t go toe to toe with that day, was a full size FNS-9. It had only had 50 rounds through it, and it never hiccuped once. As long as I did my job, it would just chew the center out of the target. I would trust my life to one.

5 Likes

@45IPAC Thank you for that piece of personal experience. I have checked out different reviews and owners of that gun speak highly of it.

1 Like

Well, S&W did get sued by Glock over the original SW9, because of its similarities to a Glock.

2 Likes

True. But for 300-350 dollars, it is a damn fine gun.

5 Likes

Oh yes! It’s 98% as good as a Glock, for 50% the money.

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I think Glock firearms are reliable and very good but there are others just as good or better for less money, cheaper.

4 Likes

Congrats on getting the new toys! Guns can get pricey, but seems like the ammo cost is what really gets you in the long run, if you shoot much.

1 Like

No doubt the shooting is the most expensive part. My wife and I go shoot most weekends and we look at it this way, we can both go eat and shoot a couple hundred rounds just as cheap or cheaper than going to a movie.

5 Likes

Good luck Jorge, let us know how you like it.

2 Likes

Thank you. I sure will. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I know what you mean about ammo. That’s why I wait for good deals on ammo and then I buy a few boxes. I like to visit GunBroker because sometimes you can find some real good prices and deals.

4 Likes

The new addition to my collection.

6 Likes

That was the first gun I bought and I loved to shoot it. People said it had a long pull and did not like it but to me it was just right! But bills pilled up and I had to get rid of it, was a sad day for me but then after awhile I was able to get a Glock 19. I have had Glocks ever since but if I come across a SW SD9VE again I am getting it just cause it was my first hand gun!! LOL

2 Likes

@John_D Welcome, John! For the price, you can’t go wrong with this gun. Smith&Wesson has proven to be a manufacturer that produces some great firearms.

I know some people complain about the trigger but in all honesty, like you, it doesn’t bother me one bit and it’s not a big deal.

3 Likes

There is not a thing wrong with a long trigger pull John If you’re ever in a confrontation hopefully that will never happen to any of us and hopefully I will not be shot for a third time in my life but if it happens believe me you will not notice that long pull. @John_D @Jorge

1 Like

You are right it isn’t that big of a deal. In fact I took my CCW test with that same gun and passed easily with it so I really did like the SD9ve and carried it for a long time till like I said money got tight and then you know. I keep looking at the pawn shops for another one cause that’s where I found that one, when I find one I will buy it believe me I will.lol

3 Likes

@Robert8 I pray and hope that I never have to use my firearm in self-defense and to protect my home. But if it ever happens because I have to, I’d do what it takes to protect myself and my loved ones.

2 Likes

@John_D Sometimes GunBroker has some good deals on firearms, ammo and other accessories.

2 Likes

That’s right buddy. We do all we can do, what’s best.

1 Like