To Tell the Truth

This is not about that old Tv show.
This is about not training for 2 1/2 weeks.
The training videos by USCCA do tell the truth on the subject of, This is a Perishable Skill.
I trained this afternoon dry firing with one of my sirt pistols and Laserhit.
To tell the truth, I SUCKED. My drawl times were way up, my hits were scattered.
This has taught me to take, at least one of my sirt, when I go away. I’m sure I could have squeezed in some training during the nights.

7 Likes

I train daily, bro. I do understand what you’re saying, and you’re spot on. It is a perishable skill. You can easily go from natural points of aim (due to practice and baked in muscle memory) to strained or manufactured points of aim, which you do notice. lol.

6 Likes

I am right with you. I think I am going to shoot USPSA next month.

3 Likes

Believe it or not, I could’ve think of the word Perishable. Thanks for understanding.

4 Likes

I knew what you meant. :+1:

2 Likes

5 minutes every day… that’s what is needed for skillful person to keep effectiveness on the same great level.

@William377 , I keep my fingers crossed for you ! :crossed_fingers:
Let us know if you still suck in few days. :wink:

4 Likes

I wished I could afford SIRT.

4 Likes

Ever see the Marvel show with the superheroes like deadshot? He can hit the same spot on a steel target over and over enough to shoot a hole through it! Then there is Jerry Miculek with his fast shooting. I am neither one nor close to it either. But now I see what is imaginary and what is possible or plausible and if I drink my Ovaltine and practice and train then someday maybe I too could shoot like Jerry or even better than him! I will not hold my breath, but goals are good to have, and steps taken will only get you closer to your goal. This is deadshot.

5 Likes

As the saying goes (IF YOU DON’T USE IT,YOU LOSE IT!)

3 Likes

I am having great success with them. I currently have four and a STIC. But they are cost intensive. My next endeavor is the BlackbeardX. I’ve got a bunch of Laser-Lytes, but SIRT is the real deal. I want some recoil enabled training pistols, but I don’t get the “warm and fuzzies” from even, lol, the people that sell them. So, I have to be frugal with my pennies in that regard. They can bite into my range and gun buying monies.

2 Likes

David237, I looked into the recoil model trainers but found they were not dependable on accuracy. Of course that was 6 to 8 months ago, maybe things have changed.

3 Likes

William377, Thanks for your input. Yeah, I’m told just recently that they are rife with maintenance issues, particularly with the seals cracking or blowing out due to the pressures and other parts and so forth, etc.

2 Likes

This is my favorite scene of the whole movie. Thank you for posting this. I think I will watch the movie when I get off work tonight.

2 Likes

Honest question: what is a good standard for concealed carry holders?

What should a draw time be and what should a shot group look like? I’ve seen different standards, but curious what the folks here think.

2 Likes

Sinbad, I hold myself to 6 inch center mass and 3 inch head shot, (starting between the eyes).
As of this moment, open draw 1.2 seconds.
Draw from Concealed, 2.1 seconds.
These are rounded averages. I’m trying for .8 sec open and 1.5 Concealed.
Mainly I’ll say do your personal best and it doesn’t hurt to have a goal.
I know for a fact, training and practice does matter.
My original post shows that and after 3 days of 3 ten minute practice sessions per day the last 3 days I’m really close back to my times.

2 Likes

Can I ask what distance you shoot this from?

1 Like

I start at 10 feet, then move to 15 feet, top it off at 25 feet. Draw time does not change because of the footage but as I back away the firing time (aim) will go up 1 to 2 tenths of a second.
The times I put in on my entry are a average at 15 feet.
I’m practicing with my everyday clothes that I wear while out and about. I’ll change off on shirts, short sleeve, long sleeve, long sleeve flannel, I’ll wear a vest sometimes and a jacket a little. Where I live I don’t need a jacket much.
I wish you good practice/training.

4 Likes