The U.S. has had at least 39 mass shootings in just 24 days so far this year,

I do my level best not to rely on google, or wikipedia or other medias for quotes or quasi-authoritative information because of how varied and unconfirmed or incomplete the research may be. There are literally all types of information resources that make claims.

When I present information, it is usually from a resource that have completed extensive reliable research activity. Organizations that are accountable and will not pass blame somewhere else when information is found to be faulty or simply airs on opinion only. Information and terminology change a lot, however, the facts rarely do. This is another reason why I don’t spend my time arguing over someone else’s research, but it can change or be updated as new information comes to light. That said. I do heavily regard research derived from reliable sources such as Texas State University.

Texas State University as you may know is the proponent for the Advanced Law Enforcement Rapid Response Training (ALERRT) Center that provides reliable and extensive research and often publishes in depth reports, statistics, and outcomes that are rarely published in the public sector, and is the gold standard for the FBI, DOJ, and DHS. The funding allocation is such that it makes it worthwhile to regard or consider information that it communicates.

As it pertains, and I’ll leave it here, because even they have euphemized their usage of words used throughout your syllabus. Rather they use terms such as Active Shooter Events or Active Attack(ers) or Attempted Mass Murder. Different word usages, but same events or activity.

I find their purpose being to rule out or to isolate the event(s) from anything thing ancillary or connected to the event(s). To differentiate between the singular raw motive unconnected to any other motive that is purely and solely about killing as many people as possible in a confined space, and as stated, unmixed with any other action, motive, or intention. So, here it is

According to ALERRT.org.

"In the past two decades, horrific mass shootings have been thrust into public consciousness. Mitigating
the effects of these sudden incidents is the responsibility of those who serve in our communities’ public
safety organizations. The public expects an effective and swift response to these threats and the sequence of events that follow them.

Research has shown however that many of the mass attacks, or active attack events, are over before law
enforcement responders arrive on the scene. Civilians who find themselves embroiled in such an event
must be prepared to take immediate action to save their own lives before law enforcement arrives. The
average response time for police response to an active attack event is “three minutes.” Without effective, preplanned response options for civilians at the scene of the attack, many victims can be seriously injured or killed during these three minutes."

“In ongoing research into active attacker events, the ALERRT Center in partnership with the FBI, has
identified 316 active attacker events from 2000-2018.”

“Although we see most attacks are carried out using firearms, we have also seen edged weapons, explosives and vehicles being used as well.”

“It is important to note that since there is not an official Federal criminal statue for “Active
Shooter/Attack,” these events are not easy to track and catalog. **Some researchers use the federal **
definition of a mass murder (four or more persons killed) when discussing and attempting to analyze active attacker events. For our research purposes, we do not limit the number of people killed when considering whether or not to classify an event as an active attacker event.”

“We believe much can be learned from attacks where few or even no one was shot.”

This is my source, it’s what I regard, it’s what I teach until it changes, then I will change tac, because it is authoritative, not opinion, or fly-by-night.

2 Likes

It seems like the anti-2A focus on “mass shootings” backfires every time they try it.
(I know that sounds conspiratorial. I’m not saying they facilitate or encourage mass shootings. I’m just saying they exploit them for political purposes when they happen.)

I don’t have hard data to prove this, but it seems to be true. Every time prominent politicians and the news corporations focus on mass shootings, they seem to expect that people will rise up and demand that all firearms be destroyed. Instead, people rush out and buy guns.

Perhaps they’re worried about an impending gun ban. Or perhaps they are indeed frightened by the number of mass shootings they see on the news, but instead of demanding more gun control, they decide to start carrying. (It’s quite possible for someone to be generally ‘anti-gun’ while still owning a firearm for their own protection.)

3 Likes

I can tell you what it is. It is the lust of eye, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life. It’s a lust. Some people just have a lust for power! The problem is its only perceived power. But they can’t see it because of their lust for it! And their ambition clouds their judgment. The outworking’s of this is the lies and deceptions and narratives, snippets and sound bites that are used to propagandize people and events to conform to their agendas. It’s all bs.

3 Likes

I see many if not most of the active shooter incidents more as desperate attempts to try and show themselves and the world that they are not as pathetic and impotent as they know they really are.

2 Likes