The trouble with bulk ammo

Just received my newest shipment of ammo. 6500 rounds of 22LR which I paid 5.8 cents a round with free shipping. I did not anticipate how heavy that would be, I almost couldn’t carry the box to my basement. At the range I know a couple that ordered 100 cases of 9mm (100,000 rounds) which came on a pallet in a semitrailer in their residential neighborhood. Ammo gets heavy real quick. At least I have enough for another month or so.

4 Likes

7000 next order. Records were made to be broken. Personal bests are also something to be proud of. :wink:

2 Likes

I LOVE your attitude!!! Last time I moved everything I owned fit into a decent size truck and yet the truck ended up 10,000 overweight. Guess why… :rofl:

4 Likes

nglos324 - lead.

Just a guess :thinking:

CT proposing ammo tax again Wednesday. I may have the UPS driver calling me ‘sir’ again :muscle:

2 Likes

Lead would be the correct answer and when you avidly shoot a .58 cal Hawken your investment in lead grows exponentially :rofl::rofl:

I feel terrible for you. BTW I used to live in CT. When I moved to that state it was an amazing place. Outside of the major population centers it was a solid conservative population with great outdoor activities like hunting and fishing. You were allowed to own not just ARs and such but also full auto firearms and the local sheriff was gun friendly.

Then the NYC Cancer moved in and made Greenwich and the the whole western side of the state into their bedroom. Hartford and Stamford amongst others became a sanctuary for criminals, hippies and illegals. Then a series of bad to worse governors were elected and now it’s a political shithole.

I moved out of the NE about 10 years ago and now live in NC where we are actively reversing that tide because even the expats from the NE flocking in have seen the light. We just voted in permit-less purchases of handguns (still have to pass an instant background check) and we are an open carry state.

But even this place is to restrictive so my next move is out west later this year.

2 Likes

You summed it up really well.I’m off rt.8 north of Waterbury, redder than Texas (verified 2016/2020), and I’ve about given up, tired of the constant bs from the state government, hopefully finding another place in WV, maybe TN next month. Road trip in the RV, got a long list of possibilities.
Where out west you thinking? My son was thinking of heading that way as well, after being in TN for awhile. Heck, he may be out there now.

I’m headed to AZ first and from there I’ll be scouting for a final destination. I’m going to some small town surrounded by big mountains, where people still go to church on Sundays, guns are a recognized rite of passage to adulthood and folks respect each other and love our country. Horses and rodeos score big points in the selection process. From there I’ll ignore the news and the rest of the world can do whatever they want. I’m done fighting the system and losing.

4 Likes

That just summed up the rest of our lives.
I don’t think there’s anywhere left to run, can’t hide from our government and surely can’t hide from the Chinese!

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan, and totally agree with your thinking. Not giving up, just need less aggravation from wannabe micromanaging politicians, and a bit more space.

1 Like

Why are @335,000,000 people letting 535 people run the show? Seriously.

4 Likes

'cuz half the people like to not bother dealing with personal responsibility or thinking for themselves…and let’s not forget the horror of “mean tweets” and supporting the country that we live in above those we don’t.

4 Likes

I can’t imagine ordering 100k at a time. Holy crap.

Having moved not that long ago, yes, ammo is heavy, I can attest

2 Likes

'Cause most of the 335 million don’t vote, and even fewer vote when it counts (in primaries).

2 Likes

Combination of reasons:
Stupidity
Don’t give a s–t
Elections are rigged
Why vote in rigged elections
Complicit

3 Likes