The Tamale Apocalypse is upon us

I’m down to the last few tamales. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
I’m sending for reinforcements :smirk:

3 Likes

That’s why I don’t go to Europe. Well except when the military sent me. My Ancestors would be rolling in their graves if I became a D@mn Yankee Carpetbagger

4 Likes

I’m still stuck on why I would need to remember that.:thinking::thinking:

1 Like

It’s ok… here, the British are know as first place losers… And the rest of Europe is just mad that we have better fireworks… :eyes:

2 Likes

Exactly. We still have a lot of military in Europe, and the southern states contribute more to the military than the northern states.

But at least the limeys, the frogs, and the krauts don’t refer to us as a food. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you for offering to teach us how to make our own delicious tamales, Moose. Post your Artiodactyla recipe, my friend!

1 Like

I’m lucky up in Oregon, where the Winco store has a nice tamale lady who makes them for the stores in chicken, beef, and pork. I used to get them from the steet vendors down in SoCal, too. Love 'em. Trader Joe’s has an exquisite jalapeno sauce made from whole jalapenos (and NO VINEGAR) which I love.

Just remember to wash your hands after eating tamales and cleaning your guns, or after cleaning your guns and before eating tamales. Hoppes #9 and tamales don’t go well together at ALL.

1 Like

Ditto chile rellenos. I had an old German lady who lived across from me who made rellenos one time and offered some to me. I got home and dug in to a really big surprise. Instead of Anaheim chiles, she had used jalapenos.
BOY were those good, though.

2 Likes

I don’t know. There’s something about crawdad tamales which just doesn’t sound appetizing to me.

2 Likes

I don’t make’em. I leave that to the pros at Santa Fe School of Cooking. Not sure, but they may ship.

1 Like

I’m partial to beef myself.:thinking::grin:

1 Like

New Orleans style tamales, a possible history:

1 Like

I have grown some pretty good sized jalapeños but never one as big as an Anaheim or poblano chili.

1 Like

She used 2 smaller ones for each relleno. Hot but really good. Her 95 year old dad gobbled them down and loved 'em.

1 Like

Had to go into Phoenix for eye surgery. Our favorite tamales are from Mamma Olga’s in Phoenix. Got 3 dozen for Christmas! We’ll go through a dozen before then. Just saying, Bueno! Tamale Apocalypse!

3 Likes

Two dozen arrived yesterday with instructions to share them with my sister’s family.

2 Likes

Half a dozen arrived the other day. Huge ones!
Really huge!