The Tamale Apocalypse is upon us

Right after church I picked up our first dozen of home made tamales of the season, still hot from the tamale lady’s kitchen.
The tamale I enjoyed for breakfast was spicy chicken and superb!

12 Likes

Oh how I miss tamales! No good ones in Louisiana :sob: hoping to load up on my favorite tamales, kolaches, and Klobásník next week on our trip to central Texas!

5 Likes

I love tamales, but they don’t love me back! They incite a revolt…the response ain’t pretty.

5 Likes

It’s worth it though!!

4 Likes

Homemade tamales and champurrado de guayaba … these are delicious eats I can enjoy everyday in Chicago :muscle:

4 Likes

I can’t say I miss them here in NM cause I eat red chili pork tamales all the time, and the HOTTER the BETTER! While everyone as babies were sucking on pacifiers, MY pacifier was a JALAPENO! :hot_face: I eat chili almost every day with just about anything I eat, and people tell me I must have an IRON stomach. :rofl:

4 Likes

A friend of mine is the same way but we tell him he has a cast iron a$$hole. Lol

4 Likes

We’re having duck tamales Christmas Eve, courtesy of Santa Fe School of Cooking. If you’ve never had them, pick some up!

4 Likes

@Alces_Americanus Now that sounds DEILICIOUS. Do they host any cooking classes, or is there any SF restaurants that may serve these tamales? Just wondering. There was one small restaurant that had duck on their menu, but can’t remember the name of it, just have to see if they’re still around. So many great restaurants in SF for GREAT EATS! :yum:

2 Likes

Santa Fe School of Cooking… School of Cooking… you know, they just might have cooking classes. :wink:

Seriously, yes they do, and every one I’ve been to has been educational, fun, and delicious! (I never, ever buy flour tortillas anymore. It’s faster and tastier to just make my own fresh.)

2 Likes

Duck tamales?? I love duck, and I love tamales… not sure about duck tamales :thinking:

2 Likes

Tamales are a hit and miss proposition, so know your dealer. Life’s too short for bad tamales.

3 Likes

Just get twice the normal amount of good tamales to make up for the bad batch. Always outweigh evil, good must, young Padawan!

3 Likes

Probably most here are too young to remember the New Orleans tamale push carts. Still old style NOLA tamales can be found. I load up whenever I get in the area. http://www.oldstylehottamales.net/

2 Likes

I’m sorry that is not how New Orleans is pronounced. New Awlins is the preferred pronunciation. :innocent::rofl::joy:

3 Likes

Naw’lins🤣

5 Likes

:grin::grin: How it is pronounced and how it is written do not always agree! Beside some of our northern friends (commonly referred to as yankees) might have trouble with your spelling!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

And that’s why they are called

Them D@mned Yankee Carpetbaggers

1 Like

Uh-Oh, first shot fired.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Just remember that in Europe, even the enlisted Alabama boys are damn yankees.

2 Likes