The road to hell often paved with good intentions

Today, we celebrate the signing of the Civil Rights Act by former president Lyndon Johnson in 1964. Among the worthy provisions such as prohibiting discrimination based on race, religion, or national origin, there was a well-intended
benefit designed to help poor single mothers.
The unforeseen result is partly to blame for the break up of the nuclear family which is the root cause of so many of today’s problems. The welfare benefits were generous and mothers qualified as long as there was no husband in the home, in essence, a marriage penalty. At the time, 9% of black children lived without a father in the home. Today, nearly 50% of black children are born to single mothers and grow up without a father figure.
As we celebrate this milestone today, we see the result in places like Chicago where violent crimes are ripping up the fabric of society and soaking up an inordinate amount of law enforcement resources.
It’s well past the time to reverse this destructive policy and instead use the resources to reestablish and he family unit as the cornerstone of a civilized society.
In today’s fragmented political slug fest, there’s little chance of that happening. The Democrats are counting on the votes of the disenfranchised held captive in the economic plantation and any Republican attempting it would be labeled a racist and a baby killer.

17 Likes

An old teacher used to say that once 50.1% of the people rely on the government for a check the conservatives would never prevail again. And while I agree the legislation was great for the moment, like any politician, they never look down the road to unintended consequences. Or, maybe they do???

12 Likes

I always thought the road to hell was paved with Ivy League PHD degrees.

14 Likes

As long as one’s married to the State :man_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Dr. Thomas Sowell for the win

17 Likes

Every time!

Mr. Sowell is one of the most brilliant economists of our time, maybe of any time.

10 Likes

So many great videos with him speaking on YT for free. Go listen.

5 Likes

Johnson knew exactly what he was doing, ensuring a faithful voter base among the poor for generations. Evil POS.

9 Likes

unforeseen?? are you sure…

more like he put them back on the plantation…

have you ever seen and heard what he said when he set it up?

control, control, control… give them circuses and bread kinda thing…

8 Likes

LBJ was a democrat! Is there anymore to say!!!

7 Likes

I have to admit; that level of evil hadn’t entered my mind.

4 Likes

Just when you thought it couldn’t get worse:

BB1pm8rn

6 Likes

What, no Beto?

4 Likes

let that dog stay resting please we in Texas are really tired of his dumb a&&

6 Likes

This is probably going to be said wrong and taken wrong by some or many. But here it is:

What is the reason given by “inner” city residents that are tired of the illegals being dumped in the cities? They’re giving our benefits away to these people.

What signage does the bureau of land management put up parks: Don’t feed the bears. They won’t learn to survive on their own.

11 Likes

Robert Francis needs to stay under whatever rock he has been under since he lost the Governor’s race in '22.

5 Likes

Ryan182 - I agree with you whole heartedly. The family unit is the most important thing in life and until this is again recognized ???. I have no answer on where we even begin. I just continue to say my prayers to God, keep in touch with my family, and love my wife everyday.

6 Likes

This is what concerns me about the dumpster fire what the dumb asses have started. Even if the good guys get back in the driver’s seat, how do we fix all the damage already caused without the entitled crazies going off on a frenzy of destruction like they always do if they don’t get their way.

6 Likes

It will be a very, very, long row to hoe. All I have been doing is praying a lot lately. More than I ever have before. I agree we need to get the right people in office. We also need to stop ALL the corruption. The Constitution and Bill of Rights were written for a reason. Until our elected officials ( ALL ) follow them we don’t have a leg to stand on. It starts at the top.

7 Likes

We’re doomed. We currently have a Derelict In Chief that did so disturbingly bad in the debate that the democRATS are in panic mode to find another village idiot to take his place on the ballot, and you can bet that the electoral fix is in as it was in 2020.

4 Likes