The Restroom Dilemma

A very simple solution would be one of the CC undershirts or even wearing an otherwise empty shoulder holster if you’re going to have to make frequent stops utilizing public restrooms.

Call me paranoid but I don’t like the idea of having my gun off body at all because no matter how conscientious we like to think we are, we’re all human and thus prone to mistakes.

3 Likes

I spend more time than I would like on the road. As such I use a lot of rest area stalls. Keep in mind at almost all “found/lost a gun” news stories involve putting the gun on the toilet paper holder.

I will generally head for the stall that puts my right side against a wall, but that isn’t always an option. The thing to remember is that no one cares.

I have only had one person say anything, and that was relatively recently. I was in my stall and the person in the next stall commented that it was a nice looking gun and asked what it was. I answered(Browning 1911-380) and he commented that he was partial to the Glock 19, I dug hard in the recesses of my mind and found a way to say something complimentary about his choice (just kidding Glock Fans).

As I was washing my hands he stepped out and at that point I realized he was Highway patrol and in uniform. We both finished washing our hands and went on our way. No one cares.

The only major bathroom “oops” happened at home. The suspender snagged the grip as I was putting my pants on and the pistol came out of the holster and fell (yes, a testament to recommend an active retention holster). My first thought was “never try to catch a falling gun.” My second was “I am glad I chose something with a grip safety.”

I used to be nervous about public restrooms, I no longer am. . . but I am still a bit over cautious as I pull my suspender straps up.

3 Likes

Kevin does a great job addressing this in a video for those of you who aren’t faint of heart or easily offended :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Only part of this I disagree with is putting your gun in your back pocket while at the urinal.

I’m also not a fan of sticky or other holsters that don’t clip or attach in some way. Sure they have their place, but not for fully dressed carry.

3 Likes

Play sit in the center of your pants you won’t forget it’s there but one time

3 Likes

Welcome @Jody!
I think that’s what I might do if I weren’t wearing the carry corset.

1 Like

Pretty well said. If at all possible keep it on your body.

1 Like

I would say it’s a bad idea in a crowded restroom but but otherwise you’re probably ok.

My advice, keep it on your body if at all possible.

1 Like

I pocket carry so when I go I just make sure the barrel is sitting against the floor and not the top of my foot.

1 Like

I’m thinking about a bra holster…hey! How come I can’t do it if the girls are doing the boy stuff.
Just joking guys. Get that look off your face!
Seriously, no matter how much trouble, I won’t take off the holster or unholster the gun. Those places are nasty no matter how clean they look. After some of the sights I’ve seen…
Not setting it down anywhere ESPECIALLY on the floor next to a toilet. Im not one of those phobics, just reasonable. You can clean yourself easier than your weapon, holster, and inside your holster.
Rebuckle your belt down low if your wearing one.
Just remember yourhog tied if the fire alarm goes off. The stall door or floor would not be nice to a nose.
Just joking. Don’t buckle around your knees. The rest I was serious about.

2 Likes

:laughing: just so you know… we’re a very non-judging crowd around here :wink: :grin:
I’m telling ya’, the Dene Adams carry corsets solve this problem :joy:

Seriously I’d get a belly band if they’ll make one to fit me.
I saw that look in your eye and that little grin. Judge me will ya!

1 Like

I’m pretty partial to unsnapping my IWB (Bianchi 3S) when I drop trou and just sitting it in the crotch / leg of my britches. My wife who also carries on her hip will just nestle it between the “girls” if she is in a scoop neck or similar. Otherwise she does what I do.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

@Bugleboy BellyBand holsters are made for everyone. From XS to 4XL and sizes always run big. If you wanted a source let me know.

1 Like

Yeah. Thanks. Is there a site where I can order?

1 Like

@Bugleboy Sure Here you are

BellyBand holsters all the way to size 60
like I said they run big

1 Like

Thanks Robert8! Good man!20190731_191713
If I got the right file this time, it might explain why I said what I did about the belly band.

3 Likes

@Bugleboy You are very welcome.

Respectfully,
Bob Murphy
@Robert8

1 Like

Looking good!

That’s a once a year treat for me. Looks good.

Enjoy

1 Like

This topic, while it may seem taboo, gets a lot of attention because we don’t want to have an accident in the bathroom… (Pun intended.)

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/the-most-dangerous-place-public-restrooms/

What horror stories have you heard of involving a firearm “accident” in the bathroom?

1 Like