The Night of Broken Glass... over and over again?

I am not a student of history yet I have learned much from watching Fox News shows over the last couple of years. My high school US history teacher disliked war so much we only spent two one-hour long classes studying the American Civil War.

Recently, while helping one of my homeschool students—I am a math/science tutor—over the summer with an essay on WWII, I was taken aback by the similarities to some of the events then that we are seeing now.
My student had to read the transcript from the Remarks at Millennium Evening at the White House in April 1999, “The Perils of Indifference: Lessons Learned from a Violent Century” given by Elie Wiesel, a Holocaust survivor.
While reading the transcript with my student, helping her with difficult names like Auschwitz, Birkenau, and Treblinka, we read how Mr. Wiesel said that if you do nothing, you side with the aggressor, that you agreed with the Nazis.

We went on to read about “Kristallnacht” or the Night of Broken Glass, November 9-10, 1938 so-called due to the broken windows of all the Jewish owned shops that were put to the torch. The pretext for the attacks was the assassination of a German diplomat Ernst vom Rath by a German-born Jewish boy of 17 living in Paris. The authorities watched as the rioters destroyed 267 synagogues and over 7,000 businesses. I couldn’t help seeing Black Lives Matters rioters in Kenosha, Wisconsin, USA from the other night, not rioters in Austria and Germany from over 80 years ago.

The new twist on the riots that has me worried is recent statements by liberal politicians. Hillary Clinton stating that “Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win… “ This is not an idle threat. Instead of having a bunch of poor losers wailing on the National Mall as on January 20, 2017, we may have full-on riots in all major cities if Joe and Kamala don’t win. Minneapolis, Seattle, Chicago, Atlanta, San Francisco, and even little Kenosha, Wisconsin were only the warm-up act.

16 Likes

I’m with you, the democrats are openly telling us what their plans and goals are. If you havent heard about the “war games” the democrats and never trumpers played; check out this video.

6 Likes

Calmly Prepare, Vote, Wait for Nov. 4th. :+1:

7 Likes

The relevance of Crystalnacht, is that the deed was done by paramilitary uniformed thugs, not Police/Military/Government, the latter being a worry for many Constitution-minded folks.

I don’t think we are in Crystalnacht (1933?) stage, we are following much earlier stage of Communist riots in Weimar Republic (1924), which led to rise of the Nazi party. Appearance of some grotesque political force like this in a nuclear-armed superpower would be a tragedy on the historic scale.

6 Likes

I am a major history fan and I love learning more about history because I firmly believe that if we don’t learn from history, we’re destined to repeat it.

Now with all the examples that show similar circumstances like the night of broken glass, references to the brown shirts in the nazi party and more, we see groups who’s agenda seems eerily similar to other groups throughout history who’s mission and agenda was to control the narrative and the population to further their power. Today, we see these antifa thugs running around and using fear and intimidation (not to mention becoming physical) to shut down anyone who opposes them or has opposing views similar to the nazi brown shirts.

If you want to really have your mind blown, look up the history of the nazi brown shirts and compare them to the antifa and BLM idiots we see today. The brown shirts was the nazi party’s original paramilitary wing. Its primary purposes were providing protection for Nazi rallies and assemblies; disrupting the meetings of opposing parties; fighting against the paramilitary units of the opposing parties, etc. Sound familiar?

One of my favorite parts of history that most American’s aren’t aware of is our influence on adolf hilter and the holocaust. Hitler’s own book references how he used the democratic parties own playbook to control the jewish population except that they had to simply change black to jew. Hitler sent lawyers to the US to learn how “we” legally subjected to minorities to the atrocities we did so they could apply those same laws and rules to their jewish population. Here’s an ok article that speaks to that if you doubt me: What America Taught the Nazis in the 1930s - The Atlantic

The fact is, it comes down to the democratic party had their playbook taken to the next level by a lunatic and we got to see first hand how it played out. Yet, somehow the dems continue to ignore history and try and use the same tactics they have since their inception to control the masses through misinformation, emotions, and playing to the feelings of people rather than being honest.

Now, there’s a lot of people, like I was, who are part of the democratic party who truly think and believe their party is morally superior because THEY are trying to do the right thing…but that’s the difference, YOU are a good, your party isn’t and that’s where they make the mistake. If you’re part of the democratic party, and YOU want to do the right thing…that’s different than what your party wants to do regardless of what they tell you. There are a lot of GOOD people who call themselves dems but they often are misled to believe they’re part of the “good” guys but they’re not…THEY (the individuals) might be good, but their party isn’t. The best gauge to determine how good your party is, is to ask yourself, “What has my party done to contribute to the people and our country, as well as to the rest of the world?” Consider that for one second. What has the democratic party done in their entire history? Slavery, segregation, Japanese internment camps, trail of tears, welfare which has led to the demise of the middle class black population in this country, and more. Really the only things that have ever been implemented that are still in existence are Social Security (which republicans continue to have to overhaul in order to keep that pyramid scheme afloat) and some subsidies to farmers which was nothing more than handouts in many cases to win their support. On the other side of the spectrum, Republican party was created as the ANTI-slavery party. It fought to end slavery, end segregation, Susan B Anthony and Elizabeth Cody went to a Republican to help write the bill to allow women to vote, countless civil rights laws were passed (while dems vehemently opposed), we rescued hostages where the dem leaders couldn’t, Republican presidents started the Arpanet project which gave us the internet, Republicans started NASA and help bring multiple technological advancements to the world as a result of their inventions.

I often find I’m embarrassed I ever belonged to the democratic party because once I opened my eyes and really looked myself both at history and the rhetoric I was being fed…I realize how gullible I was and it saddens me. If we could get our media to do their jobs and report the facts, more Americans would know the truth and the democratic party would be reduced to a historical footnote in history books where they belong. Maybe one day. Until then, education is key, and having the desire to stop accepting information fed to you and looking it up for yourself.

8 Likes

I can picture Antifa and BLM conducting “most peaceful protest” at polling places on election night. I hope there’s contingency plans in place to prevent that.

8 Likes

I do not know that we are yet to the Night of Broken Glass but it is very near. I liken what we are seeing in the US to be more of the Maoist Revolution in China where the multitudes of students became the “army”. I have anecdotal evidence that some or most of the violent protestors and “instigators” seem to be nare do well college students along with the strap hangers of anything violent. Goodness MeoMy’O the number of WHITE college educated FEMALES leading the charge in this battle is something that makes me scratch my head.

I’m good with “Black Lives Matter” as a STATEMENT, but I am totally AGAINST Black Lives Matter, Inc which is a Marxist communist organization that seeks to over throw the U.S.A . as a government and as an institution as well as Capitalism and the free market. Lets also not forget about the destruction of the nuclear family which they also espouse the destruction of.

BLM ha a statement that will condemn anyone that dare speak against it, “Black Lives Matter”. Outstanding marketing trick. I will say I had real hope that BLM would do something when they emerged to the inter city crime and black on black violence. Ummm that was not what they were there for, a shame really.

Antif and similar are paid professional instigators that slip back into the cracks in the wall when the lights come down on them. I hope Mr. Barr and others hunt down the cash stream and find the head so that it can be cut off. I agree with the judge in NY that set the bail at $1M per head for antagonists and instigators of the riots. When did the rights of the victim become less important than the vandal?

I could go on and get darker as I go but the mighty Dawn wields the ban hammer and not that I am afraid of being banned but I like it around here and I support the house rules for all.

Cheers,

Craig6

8 Likes

Let’s game this scenario. What would you do if you were a peaceful protester? What would you do as a Citizen to defeat that? Assume LE derelict in their duty on that day.

2 Likes