The love for 1911

From an email I received from Rock Island / Armscor

3. SOLVENT AND LUBRICANT

You have plenty of choices here. Everyone has a preference. Some prefer to use barrel solvent and separate lubricant, whereas others go for an all-in-one solution. Some popular options include Hoppe’s No. 9, Balistol and Lucas Gun Oil. Some people even reach for a can of WD-40. Armscor’s own gunsmiths rely on Slip 2000 products.

2 Likes

One the best emails - I been waiting for 6 month!!!

5 Likes

That is a great video! I also love mechanical watches. That video actually spoke to me. When I was in the Army i used a 1911, and a M16 / M4. I was so sad when they went to the 9mm. Just not the same weapon.

3 Likes

Welcome @SSGSTEVE and thank you for your service :us:

1 Like

@SSGSTEVE welcome to the family!!! — 2nd thank you for your service

2 Likes

My Springfield EMP 4" turned out perfect. it was delivered today. I had to go to the range to give it a test run! Trigger crisp, and the front checkering gives me a better grip. The finish is beautiful.

What was done-
Misc Custom Work
Flatten & Checker Front Strap

Trigger Job, Match Grade
Nighthawk Match Grade Complete Trigger Job, Includes All New Fully Machined Ignition Components Tuned To A Crisp 3.5 - 3.75 lb. Trigger Pull. Upgrade, Harrison Design Trigger for EMP

Magwell, Install One Piece Magwell,
Fit & Blend One-Piece Magwell/ Mainspring Housing (Falcon), Cut From Forging

Black Nitride Complete Gun Black Nitride Finish, Complete Gun

Heine Straight 8 Sight Set Sights, Install Heinie Straight Eight Rear Sight & Tritium Front Sigh

e

9 Likes

Got to agree, all of my pistols are high end, but the one I sleep with and carry, is my Operator TRP.
See my video, this gun is all things to all men
Wilson Combat have most of my money now, lol.

.45 is God’s gun for good reason

4 Likes

I understand that – My winter EDC

7 Likes

That IS special😲

1 Like

I’ll add my compact GI to my CCW permit when I renew in Jan 2024.

1 Like

You have to list your firearms on your concealed carry permit?

2 Likes

Yes, in California

Manufacturer, serial number, caliber, model
*model must be exactly as specified by manufacturer

Also, my occupation, employment/business address

Wow. My sympathies.
If you ever decide to cut the cord, you can buy a small farm here in the Midwest for the same price as a small apartment in California. :wink:

5 Likes

I also have a UT nonresident permit. Freedom feels good as I cross the border to NV or AZ—not you, OR!

1 Like

How do you like your ronin? I just picked up the 3” model!

2 Likes

It is one of my favorite 9mm 1911!!

2 Likes

It’s hard not to love the 1911. It is the style of firearm I cut my teeth on and still carry a Kimber super Carry custom 45 ACP from time to time. It and I can still get the job done and now that I’m older with some health issues I appreciate the simplicity of striker fired pistols.

Of course the trigger pull of the 1911 is still Superior in my opinion.

5 Likes

It looks handsome next to Tupperware.

I already had a full size and compact in .45ACP when I saw someone pick up his 9mm 1911.
It was a “wow” :star_struck: moment, I complimented him then had to chat with the guy behind the counter to learn more.

2 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes