The love for 1911

Storytime!
I have a range membership. With the membership, we have ours on shooting range instead of the public range ( you need a bulletproof vest with plenty of new shooters who don’t know better).
You get to know folks and especially if you are regular. I was shooting my 1911 and 2011. One of the regulars asks if he can shoot my 1911. I love it when other folks shoot my firearms. I had plenty of folks shoot my pistols. I know I know not everyone understands 1911 or 2011. OMG, the dude dropped the slide 3 times on an empty chamber; the sound!!! I ask why. He said that is how he gets familiar with new handguns!! I explained why that is not good to do with 1911. I never in my life felt so so so so much pain every time he drops the slide. Even now, i am cringing at the very thought!! I am going to have fuc$-$ nightmares now!!

4 Likes

I can feel your pain all the way over here! A vest is a good idea!
I’ve never let a stranger touch my firearms let alone shoot them without a 2 hour class! All my relatives, kids, grandkids sometimes their friends, prior to going to the range is educational!
Our 1911’s were built to withstand war, a couple of slide drops, you should be ok! But I would not let the same guy handle my firearms again. As I’ve said many times in the past, these new folks at the range got all their experience from Xbox, PlayStation and Hollywood!

3 Likes

:scream:
If somebody drops the slide this way on NHC or Staccato… that means he/she has no idea what is keeping in hands. :zipper_mouth_face: :man_facepalming:
Just give the pistol the best lube you have, to make it happy. :smiley:
I think the pistol will forgive… but you shouldn’t forget and never handle these pistols to that person again. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
@Scott52 is right - never let a stranger touch your firearms :point_up:

2 Likes

That is my lesson. I have learned it!!

2 Likes

I think this video was never posted here. It’s 2 years old… but I’ve never seen it before. :grimacing: (How did I miss it :person_shrugging:).

Seems nothing new there… but… it actually changed few things in my habits.

1. thumb safety checking → does the hammer click on safety on?
  2. grip safety → how far does it have to be press to let the trigger bar work?
  3. disconnector checking → does the hammer drop when the barrel is out of battery?
  4. wiggle the barrel in the slide to check if components are fit properly
  5. disassemble with “Browning HiPower method”
  6. assemble slide stop into the barrel link with moving the slide completely to the rear during reassemble process

This video is really “must watch” for every 1911/2011 user.

2 Likes

Wow! Those are pretty. (expensive)

1 Like

@Diocoles Welcome to the family!!!

I got my custom made holster in!! Ronin leather makes some of the nicest holsters in my opinion.

Holster with Gray Elephant trim!!

5 Likes

I am so jealous a Night Hawk beautiful :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I may be considering of changing my EDC from my Kimber which I have carried for over 15 years to a full sized 92 I think I can conceal it after my wife goes to bed I will experiment

1 Like

If you are talking about 92 Beretta I would go with LLT – I got one on order.

That is what I have thanks

2 Likes

Oh that LLT trigger is so nice

1 Like

My new OWB Holster from Ronin is dam good! All my holsters are AIWB, so I decided to try an OWB. First, I need to practice my drawing. Other than that, it does not print too bad, and it is comfortable.

4 Likes

Awesome holster, looks incredibly comfortable!
However, unless that photo was taken in a mirror, looks to me like you’re left handed, yet the photo of you in the yard is showing your right side. I would like to see how well it prints on your left side, or am I missing something?

2 Likes

selfie i not sure how that works lol

1 Like

on my right hip- i am not good with taking pictures lol

1 Like

In that case, nice concealment, however, my wife caught it on your right side, but I couldn’t understand why a left handed person ( photo in “mirror image” ) would practice a right handed draw?

Very nice holster😎

1 Like

Ok, every one, one more time. I had my wife take some AM pictures before I started work. I am right-handed, and my holster is on my right. Taking a Selfie inverts the picture. Who knew lol

4 Likes