The love for 1911

I have carried my Ed Brown 1911 for years. I train with it regularly and it is fun to operate

2 Likes

I carry a 1911 EDC. I have noticed as I get older the flush mags are harder to completely seat during a combat mag change (at the range) and in a critical scenario this could be life threatening

3 Likes

My y new holsters came in the mail today!!! Breaking them in!!!

7 Likes

THE LOVE FOR 1911 :heart_eyes:
Everything thanks to one person

Happy Birthday JMB.

A 2022-01-23 01-23-18

5 Likes

My “collection”.

7 Likes

I decide to send my Springfield Ronin to Nighthawk. It will be a my 50th birthday gift to me. The closet thing to having a custom 1911. I cannot afford 4,000 1911. This is the next best thing .

• Flatten and Checker Front Strap

• Nighthawk Match Grade Complete Trigger Job, Includes All New Fully Machined Ignition Components Tuned To A Crisp 3.5 – 3.75lb. Trigger Pull.

• UPGRADE, Harrison Design Trigger for EMP

• Magwell, Fit & Blend One-Piece Magwell/Mainspring Housing (Falcon), Cut From Forging

• Cerakote Finish, Lower Assembly

• Sights, Install Heinie Slant Pro Straight Eight Rear Sight & Tritium Front Sight

• Test Fire, Inspection, Target

2 Likes

I think you will really like that! NHC does some great work! Hopefully you will post some before and after pictures!

2 Likes

IMHO there is no firearm like a 1911

when I first started shooting I heard so much about em from others

but decided against em
 just contrariness I guess
 and this was before the custom built started

so they had sort of a accuracy issue back then

years later after several firearms
 picked up a 1911
 was a very basic model

now
 LOVE em
 and once you get the operation of such in your head

easy peasy
 and accurate!!!

2 Likes

There was one guy who went on record (I couldn’t find the link anymore) that he doesn’t allow 1911s in his CCW class because they always fail.

I have one full size and a compact and they’ve been flawless so far. 111 years and JMB’s creation still has a strong reputation and continues to gain new followers.

3 Likes

I love my 1911
 I would bet my family life on it
 In my opinion we have to embrace owning a 1911 under the history and the working components. My current 1911 have 800rounds and no issues. Magnum Research commander

4 Likes

That would be a great opportunity for someone familiar with 1911s to work with the owner.

2 Likes

I just found it

“NRA Carry Guard Level One is designed for training with a semi-automatic handgun (Glock 19/17, Sig P226/P228 or equivalent). We will not allow revolvers or 1911s as your primary firearm in this class.”

This old article gave an update.

The NRA Carry Guard course was part of an insurance plan and are discontinued.

Seems that had to do more with capacity. I didn’t see reliability mentioned in either the original article or the NRA retraction.

@Ouade5 you’re right. It wasn’t that one. Lazy moment. I was looking for one specific instructor.

A few states have a 10 round max on guns. A 1911 in 9mm or .38 Superb use 10 round mags. I don’t have a problem with instructors limiting some gun models. I have seen lots of people show up for a class with holsters, belts, and mag holders still in the wrapper, I doubt they did much cleaning or lubing their guns.

1 Like

Maybe there should be a ‘unboxing your new firearm’ class. :laughing:

4 Likes

When I train at Fox Den solution to hone my pistol skills. I do not bring extra Shi$&# i only bring what i use for my EDC. What do i mean? Yes I have extra magazines but I ony have one magazine pouch. I want to simulate close to what i use for my EDC. Even in my Rifle classes folks looks at me and ask you have no magazine pouch? And your magazines are in your back-pocket? My response to everyone -I am not going outside my house or drive around with my rifle at any point. I have no reason to do so. If I was outside with my Tavor x95 it would Mad Max type event :laughing:

1 Like

My Great Uncle was an Officer & a B52 Bomber pilot. This is his Colt.

10 Likes

I love my SA RO 1911! I found it a bit on the larger size for my EDC, but I love the way it handles, the accuracy and pretty much everything else about it. So my choice of the EMP4 seemed very natural as it feels very similar in my hands, obviously a bit lighter, but just as accurate. I much prefer to carry a bit of extra weight with the all metal frame as opposed to a polymer. Just one mans opinion. I do own a couple of polymers, Shield EZ, Taurus PT709, but love my custom Beretta and 1911s more.

5 Likes