The Line of Duty: Law Enforcement Appreciation | Blog | USCCA

Law Enforcement Appreciation Day is this week, causing me to reflect on my law enforcement career, which has hit the 40-year mark. I entered law enforcement for two reasons. First, I’ve always felt a desire to help those in need. And I happened upon the second reason while in the academy: Police work is exciting. I’m not ashamed to say that.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/the-line-of-duty/
1 Like

@Dawn, thank you for your service. Law enforcement can certainly be exciting. I’m 22 years in, and have long since decided that excitement is highly overrated, lol. I have definitely learned to love the boring days. :blush:

2 Likes

As average Joe citizen, I’m with you on that!!

2 Likes

to ALL IN LAW ENFORCEMENT PAST AND PRESENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE AND G-D BLESS YOU.

Blue Lives Matter1

2 Likes

Thank you for your service and dedication, all LEO’s current and past!

1 Like

My THIN BLUE LINE flag is up now. I periodically switch it for the USA flag that is flying most of the time. Yes, thanks!

3 Likes

May God bless and protect all our fine police officers. They are some of our country’s best.

4 Likes

Dawn,
Regarding your opinion that law enforcement is exciting; I spent 14 years in criminal justice. I felt that much of the time it was boring (not negatively intended), but when it was exciting it was scary and exciting at the same time. I fired my weapon in the air only one time, and that was to prevent a felon from entering a house that we would have had a terrible time getting him out of. Fortunately, the subject was a man I had known most of my life. Things ended well for all concerned, but it could have turned deadly since I was surrounded by friends of the subject. I guess God was on my side that night. That’s all the excitement I needed for a long time. LGS

1 Like