THE LAW----by Courageous Lion 2024

I feel this is appropriate for these day’s and times we are living in.
Happy Easter
Where We Go 1 We Go All
No Step on Snek

9 Likes

Paperback $3.50 on Amazon. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I suspect only a minority of folks on this site are familiar with Bastiat’s work.

2 Likes

You’d be surprised Brother…you’d be surprised.

5 Likes

Many of us read everything, Right, Left, Up, Down, Fact, Fiction…

5 Likes

I think anyone who who ‘JUDGES’ an entire Group tends to have an extremely NARROW view of said Group (and quite possibly Humanity in general).

Just mi dos pesos

8 Likes

I had not heard of Bastiat (sp?) before. I’ve only read it once and am looking forward to a more thorough, in depth reading tomorrow.
People over, dog nervous (very unusual) so I need to tend the contractors bidding and my dog’s pending actions.

4 Likes

Brother, Part 2 is available NOW on Courageous Lion.com
(pssssst, it’s also in ‘moderation’ and will be posted here shortly)

But don’t look @ your watch like Joe Pudding does…THAT would be Offensive!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Yes what Don102. Said mark. I forgot your number. No root beer for you mark. Thank god you’re not a judge . You would be the only innocent person in the community sir we have seen how you truly feel . Sad mark you could be proud . Of our country. We are proud to be Americans. You could to if you tried mark no root beer for you here is your root beer brother Don102 SIR THANK YOU SIR Bobby jean :feather::feather:Debbie ann and our puppies . Root beers for freedom :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::chile::us::us::us::100::100::100::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom:

1 Like

I read it my first time back in 1972. It makes so much sense. The only issue I had with it was the time period was 122 years behind plus it is dealing with France. The rewrite that the the OP links to is my effort to update it so that names and dates won’t make as much difference as well as having some commentary added that is for today.

4 Likes

I would like to read both. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity, I put The Law - 2024 Courageous Lion in a search engine this morning and found this to be the first post that came up. Even before the original at Substack. So I thank you for doing this. The complete effort is now up totaling four parts. Part Two, Part Three and Part Four. I hope that folks from USCCA subscribe to my red pill posts. ~Mark Reynolds AKA “Courageous Lion”

2 Likes

Except for some typos. I posted this on the internet when Geo Cities existed and hand typed every word of it into the post exactly as it was in the book. I need to actually go in an fix the typos that I found while doing the 2024 “update”. The Law as it was at Geo Cities until Geo Cities was no more.

3 Likes

“The Law” by Frederic Bastiat was written in 1850. Many people to this day have never read it. It was one of the most influential booklets in my life because it spoke to my reason, logic and common sense so well that I am convinced it is a truth given to us through Mr. Bastiat by the very creator of the Universe. I have taken the liberty to update it to terms we use in the year 2024 here in these United States. I have also added some statements to further instill in the reader the magnitude of the subject. Remember, this was written 174 years ago . Could you imagine what the world would be like, how many less deaths there would have been, how many more people could have known their true potential if the precepts of this writing had been adhered to? I suspect we may have been to the stars by now if it had been so.

3 Likes

People no longer read such things as Bastiat, and I’m sure they would find his libertarian views offensive to a desire for a strongman-run centralized government. You’ll be lucky if the folks on this site do not flag you post for removal as inappropriate – they believe in cancel culture rather than discourse.

Broad Brush Much?

3 Likes

See what happens and then tell me if I’m broad brush or not.

What . Don102. SIR SAID . Here’s a root beer don sir. :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::dagger::chile::us:. Let’s remember the disinfectant our hands. Don’t feed the trolls :imp: . Love Bobby Jean . Good Day community. Love Bobby Jean and Debbie ann she is Xx X haw haw see I listen brother sir . She’s not mad now woohoo :partying_face: :us::us::us::heart::white_heart::blue_heart::feather::feather::100::dagger::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::cherry_blossom::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes