The GOSAFE Act

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/4335307-senate-democrats-bill-regulating-rapid-firing-weapons/

5 Likes

Another Swing and another Miss. They keep trying different angles and I suspect they continue to try. Fortunately, right this second, we have a Supreme Court that will rule in favor of the Constitution. But down the road, Who Knows.

9 Likes

I’m wondering when somebody introduce a bill to regulate politicians’ brain capacity? :person_gesturing_ok: :person_gesturing_no: :person_tipping_hand: :person_raising_hand: :bowing_man: :person_facepalming:

8 Likes

“The fundamental is to really get at these high-capacity magazines on these guns that make them so dangerous because when you have to stop to reload, that’s when you can intervene in a shooting.”

Um no. You can intervene in the shooting when dangerous anti self defense laws and gun free zones stop preventing law abiding firearm owners from having a weapon handy so they can intervene as soon as or even before these sick people fire their first shot.

9 Likes

Unfortunately with the way the control folks work, IF they were successful in banning standard capacity magazines…they would then acknowledge that reloads can be done extremely fast thus not really limiting the ability of an attacker who brought all the mags for their planned attack…they would then start requiring magazines be fixed so that they could not be switched quickly. And so on and so forth until we are left with nothing

5 Likes

It’s an election year. Ds want Rs to be on record voting against magazine capacity limits so they can use it against them.

This nonsense will only stop when gun owners kick these charlatans out of office.

3 Likes

They might let us keep our spoons I would think? Though maybe only the plastic ones as long as we promise not to use them against violent criminals in the process of attacking us. That would make them assault spoons and those would clearly need to be regulated.

6 Likes

Responsibly armed. Talk to the hand :raised_hand:

Look to England. :crossed_swords:

4 Likes

In my view most politicians have the mental capacity of a single shot instead of a double stack.

4 Likes

"I firmly believe we must uphold the laws that protect safe and responsible gun ownership”

He said uphold…what he meant was erode.

5 Likes

It’s already too limited to regulate. I believe it should be a minimum capacity, not a maximum capacity that needs to be addressed, and rational, logical thought over emotions.

6 Likes

Nope, Not Going to Happen in DC. Impossible!

5 Likes
5 Likes