The Good OLD Days - No 2nd Amendment questions here

Do ya think these guys were talking about the meaning of the second amendment?
Some were good guys some not so much but they had firearms. The guy on the horse carrying a long gun on his saddle and a revolver on his belt.

10 Likes

Once again, I realize I was born 100 years too late…
The good Ol’ days when liberty was still in style!

7 Likes

The good old days when they fought for it!
Today we’ve succumbed to begging for it!

7 Likes

I’m gonna bet if we bring back dueling a crap ton of sheeple will be a lot less “offended” :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

A picture of some of my family and friends taken in Northern Wisconsin around Antigo in 1873. All the long barreled Winchesters for the most part and the deer hanging on the side of the cabin.
My Great-Great Grandmother standing in the doorway, good German stock all.
Don’t miss the jug of beer or liquor front and center. :yum:

I have the original photo. When people ask me “Why are you like this” (love of the outdoors, guns and sharp things) I show them this. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

That’s cool!:sunglasses:
Is that @Blacky, tall guy with the derby? :thinking::wink:

4 Likes

Hmmm… He’s old but not that old. :thinking:

3 Likes

That Sir Is BAD ASS!!

5 Likes

I wonder if they had to take a government approved training class and get a permission slip to own or carry those.

I suspect not

6 Likes

Or a license to ride a horse…

7 Likes

Ah the late 1800s when the average life expectancy was somewhere under 40 years old and most people had to walk out to the outhouse no matter what the weather or crap in a pot in the bedroom.

Also historic accounts show that more than a few cities and towns had ordinances against carrying firearms in city limits. Those were some pretty large gun free zones.

I love the history and nostalgia of the Wild West but I’m not so sure I would want to give up all the modern conveniences and safety systems even though I am far more prepared than most to live without them. Not to mention that without modern medicine I would have died two years ago at the ripe old age of 54.

5 Likes

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes