The Aftermath: Noisy Neighbors

The problem I see is the resident has placed a mark on his self and his family. The group would probably seek out the family our his property in seeking revenge. I’ve lived in a multi complex before. I would weigh the actions very carefully.

2 Likes

Welcome @Timothy183. I agree, and this is another reason to call a third party (LEO) in to handle it. The complainant is anonymous, and avoids future retaliation. Plus, the police are so much better trained to deal with this kind of situation, while the homeowner (clearly) was not.

1 Like

In every instance of the few noisy groups to whom I’ve been exposed, I’ve promptly called LEOs.

No one in their right mind takes this upon themselves. It is a poor decision. Far better to call 911, provide detailed Who - What -When-Where-How (caller cannot possibly provide the (Why). Identify if weapons are visible. Stay secure in your abode. Be prepared for police contact/follow-up.

1 Like

I totally disagree. Noise is not a self-defense issue.

CALL PD AND GO BACK TO BED!

3 Likes

A few days after I called PD, a policeman knocked on my door for a follow-up if we’re still having issues. Nice of them not to do that on the day of the incident.

2 Likes

Try calling the police at 3am in Seattle, or 3pm for that matter. If you get through, they’ll tell you essentially unless there’s an active murder going on, you’re on your own.

1 Like

Street-racing problem? Meet “tactical speed bump”. Just sayin’.

1 Like

Even if you ask them to hurry (i.e. CHOP, CHOP)? :wink:

Yes. And I called the police. The late-night music being blasted throughout the neighborhood ended abruptly.

John Wayne. Bruce Willis. Sly Stallone. What do these have in common? They’re all actors who portray tough guys with guns. What they portray might make a great guy movie, but it makes for a really bad approach to handling intense situations in real life.

This case shows that a bad choice was made. Don’t make bad choices.

2 Likes

Welcome @Burt2 and Amen!

1 Like

I would ask that anyone who wants to or has taken on an angry mob at Zero dark Thirty, with or without a firearm, please start a new thread. I’ll make the popcorn!

3 Likes

I also might add I believe “your weapon” should be the first thing engaged and the last thing to disengage in any sort of a confrontation.

I also believe common sense doesn’t seem to be very common and in most instances seems to be exceedingly rare

1 Like

In my opinion he got lucky he wasn’t charge with a crime
He went outside his residence and started the confrontation . Poor judgment

1 Like

I wish! We are on one of the major streets entering the neighborhood. Good idea though, but streets have said no.

Ugh! You’re right. People only like them when they need them. I said after this past summer that all LEO’s need a month vacation all at the same time and then people would be begging for them, but then you’d have this guy going out and starting a mess.

I understand where he was coming from in wanting to stop it. I’ve done it. I have also grabbed a large speaker and played super old country and blasted it. Their music ceased.

Help me. I believe in MN to be justified in using deadly force I have to be perceived as the victim. I don’t see how I could be considered a victim when confronting a group of noise neighbors, spraying them with pepper spray and then running in the house to get my firearm and ending up shooting one. Please tell me I’m wrong. Certainly a situation to avoid and leave it to law enforcement.

He became a victim when he was shot at with a deadly weapon. Pepper spray wouldn’t have killed them (may have wanted to die). He should’ve waited for LEO’s. I don’t think he was wise, but I get how he could’ve gone there. Loud music that you can’t really make out is more than annoying.

" He ran inside his home when one member of the group attempted to assault him." I’m not sure “assault him” equites to being shot at. The way I read it someone in the group attempted to assault him, he ran into the house retrieved his firearm then came back out and shot him. He should have just locked the door and call the police.

1 Like

Here if you refuse contact with PD they won’t come. It is my understanding that it has to do with the court date. This is only in regard to noise.

Welcome @Luis_A1 I agree he stepped in $hit and came out smelling like a rose. He was lucky from the point where he got away with his hide intact! These folks could have eaten his lunch!