That’s Why I Carry (on Monday Afternoon)

If they both make a Cross complaint against each other and press charges against each other they both get arrested and the court decides. As a law enforcement officer if you witnessed it you have to make an arrest. I have been in situations and have also witnessed situations where once you put handcuffs on the husband the wife will turn on you. You’re damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

8 Likes

For “This One” seems this old standard “Quote” Applies here :

“Always” be “Aware” - Good.
But:
“The best gun fight you can be in - is the one you Avoid.”
Again: Good

6 Likes

Today, there is no such thing as a safe place in this world. Situational awareness must be engaged 24/7.

1 Like

Your first duty is to yourself. I think you did the right thing by leaving.

2 Likes

There never was.

3 Likes

The smartest thing you realized was that you’re no cop. It’s not your job. Keep in mind that this is today’s America. Welcome to the party, as Bruce Willis would put it. Remember, carrying a handgun concealed is for you to get the jump on a bad guy, when he operates in a bad way toward you. Don’t open a can of worms when you don’t really know what’s going on. Cops are killed regularly today in such scenarios, and they are actually trained for this sort of stuff. You wouldn’t stand a chance. Keep to yourself and leave gunplay to times when you are personally threatened and you have absolutely no alternatives.

3 Likes

Read the book “The Gift of Fear”.

The author is an expert in personal security for famous people. He advocates “trusting that hair rising on the back of your neck” when you encounter something suspicious.

In fact he gives countless examples of people who got in major trouble because they convince themselves that “it’s just in my mind, and no big deal”.

Minimally I would recommend you call the police in an occasion like you encountered.

4 Likes

What does LE stand for?

2 Likes

LE- Law Enforcement (Police, etc.).

1 Like

This would’ve gotten my Spidey Sense tingling too. Any of a million things could’ve gone wrong. What if she was creating a distraction so the male could initiate an armed robbery? Glad you were safe and had your head on a swivel. You never know what people are capable of these days.

5 Likes

Sad…I was trying not to.Two of my friends got murdered at a stop sign for 20 dollars.Ill now carry until I get carried.

5 Likes

You don’t always need a gun, but if you do need it, you will need it very badly…

7 Likes

As the saying goes, better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have one.

5 Likes

Going home and telling your wife you were late because you called 911 and became a good witness is better than having a LEO knock on your door and telling her you intervened in a domestic dispute and won’t be coming back: ever!

1 Like

That was my first thought reading the story. Distraction/diversion/robbery.

1 Like