Thank God this Mom had a gun

Taken from a Tea Party post.

Mohamed Fathy Hussein Zayan from Egypt released child when mom pointed gun at him

(Infowars) – A mom armed with a pistol saved her 5-year-old daughter from being kidnapped at a West Virginia mall Monday night.

The incident happened in Old Navy at the Huntington Mall in Barboursville around 6PM as Mohamed Fathy Hussein Zayan, 54, from Alexandria, Egypt, “grabbed the child by the hair and attempted to pull her away,” reports WYMT.

“Police say the mother then pulled out a handgun and told the suspect to let go of the child. The mother told police the man then let go of the girl and ran out of the store into the mall

Zayan was taken into custody after he was located walking near the food court.

“The woman helped police track the man down in the mall,” reports WSAZ’s Melanie Shafer.

According to WYMT, a magistrate has revoked Zayan’s passport and an Arabic language phone translator was needed during his arraignment.

His bond is set at $200,000 on a felony charge of attempted abduction, and a preliminary hearing has been set for April 8.

3 Likes

Go Mom!! way to take care of business.

1 Like

I think now they are looking at charging the mom. Apparently, she “might” have mistaken his intentions and she “might” have overreacted.

It would be a shame if they did. In today’s world with all the perverts and sex traffickers running loose, if I was her and some strange dude grabbed my 5 year old by the hair, my first duty would be to protect my child.
I’m so glad I’m old and not raising a child in today’s world.

Well, I was hoping to find articles to support the mom, but dang…

cultural misunderstanding :woman_shrugging:

“If” it was a cultural misunderstanding then the man should be released. If it turns out the Mom felt her child was in danger, she should not be charged either. She didn’t pull the trigger. Was that fire discipline or a fluke?
We can’t make the call until all the facts come out.
I would have probably done the same if I felt one of my children was in danger and worry about charges later. At least I would know my child was safe.
I originally supported the mom in this incident because I looked at it through the eyes of a parent. On the surface she was justified. Maybe she was overly afraid if there is such a thing in today’s world. We’ll just have to wait and see.

If someone touched my 5yo daughter, I would be on high alert. But it would take more than touching her head for me to draw.

Evidently, the mom admitted making up the story: “A mother who claimed a man attempted to abduct her daughter at a West Virginia mall is facing possible charges because she admitted to police she made up the story.”

Person opinion: Why on earth would someone make up that story? Are people so desperate to get attention that they’re willing to do something that could destroy another person?

I believe he is still being charged with a low rent assault charge, for touching the child without permission. I understand the whole cultural difference thing, but, he didn’t speak English, and being from Egypt obviously would have certain physical characteristics. Right of wrong, some people still have an aversion to others based on physical appearance. We ourselves, in this community, have discussed reacting differently in situations based on the physical appearance of the other person.

Very true, @45IPAC. I know we watch people differently and a lot of that is based on how they behave.

Touching a child’s head can be done in so many different ways. Patting a child’s head or ruffling their hair should be harmless, unless the child is one who doesn’t like to be touched… even then, the intent was harmless.

But how do we determine another’s intent?

1 Like

I agree. The original story said he had grabbed her hair. Now the mom is changing her story. The mom is in the wrong.

1 Like

If someone I didn’t know touched or grabbed my 4 year old daughter it would get really western very fast.

I think most of us would be very tempted to react in the same way the Mom did, if it were true.
At the same time we also need to be in control of our faculties.
Many years ago, during training for an armed security force, an instructor pounded into our heads, the one who stays calm is the one in control. It takes a lot of effort to teach ourselves to be calm in stressful situation, but if we can do it, the result will be much better.
If we lose control of our emotions, we also lose control of our responses.
It’s most difficult when it’s our family who’s in trouble.

3 Likes