Texas mom shoots teen intruder, facing eviction for owning a gun

6 Likes

And of course the victim will be prosecuted for protecting her family. She has an unalienable right to self defense. The 2A only confirms that, not grants it. And it was written to restrain GOVERNMENT, not citizens. Thankfully she took the needed steps to survive and hopefully she will prevail against those who would rather she was a dead statistic.

9 Likes

Hopefully she will not be prosecuted if all checks out with her account.
It is disappointing that her apartment complex is evicting her but a private company can set whatever rules it wants.

3 Likes

I was told a long time ago—
You HAVE TO WAIT TILL THEY ARE INSIDE before you 'choot dem!
or in my case a ‘Redacted’ told me if you shoot them on the fire escape outside
your apartment, quickly drag the body inside THEN call the Poe-Poe!
But that was in NYC in the 80’s where people were sensibly killing each other :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
NOW a new LAW will go into effect where a Victim w/ a gun needs to ask for I.D
before shooting their attacker
(14) yrs. old–Legs
(15) Stomach
(16-20) Heart
(20+) Head
You think this post is stoopid?
Have you read the News lately?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS! :crazy_face:

8 Likes

One wonders what the publicity for “apartment complex evicts those who defend their homes” will do to the future home invasion rate at said complex

7 Likes

Hard to say, but it may result in a pretty large exodus from the complex of renters.

4 Likes

76-6-201 Definitions
(4) “Enter” means:
(a) intrusion of any part of the body; or
(b) intrusion of any physical object under control of the actor

So if you stick your (your body part here) through my window you have entered. I don’t have to drag the heavy a$$ dude all the way in, just his pony tail will do.

4 Likes

Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, You can do what our fearfu…Less Leader suggests and give him
Both barrels!, Launch his or her (just being DEI!) into the next county! and you don’t have to shell out the rental fee’s for the Back-Hoe! Ho! Ho! Ho!

…I am NOT Blood thirsty! I’m Fluffy! :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

For KY, the person only needs to be breaking in to your home.

property?

Section 503.080 - Protection of property (1) The use of physical force by a defendant upon another person is justifiable when the defendant believes that such force is immediately necessary to prevent: (a) The commission of criminal trespass, robbery, burglary, or other felony involving the use of force

4 Likes

How often do you need to be tossed into the dryer to get fluffed back up again. :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::smiley:

4 Likes

TX law is going to kick in here. They can’t evict her for owning a gun. Thank God she’s in TX.

3 Likes

She might hire a hungry Christian, pro-gun lawyer and let them sink their teeth into this. If this is indeed what happened, then this violates the rights of a citizen to protect self and family from bodily harm, and it violates God’s Law (Bible): https://www.openbible.info/topics/protecting_family

2 Likes

Once a week if I’m not working! ( w/ a dryer sheet!) :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face: :dotted_line_face:

3 Likes

Looks like the apartment complex prohibited firearms. In Ohio if you don’t have a concealed handgun license your landlord can prohibit you from owning firearms. If you do have a concealed handgun license your landlord can’t prohibit you from at least having a handgun.

But according to this, the Landlords are breaking the law, and she needs to hire an attorney.

Businesses & Private Property - Gun Laws - Guides at Texas State Law Library.

4 Likes

In the near future,

Texas mom shoots teen intruder,
facing termination for owning a gun

1 Like

I thought Texas was much more gun friendly.

In Wisconsin, you would probably be arrested for this action. We have a very strong castle law here, but it only applies to intruders inside of your residence.

It is legal for a landlord to prohibit guns in Wisconsin, but it must be written into the lease that you sign.

1 Like

Well, from what I just read, according the story, It’s public housing, not privately owned. However, If there are no signs posted, or not mentioned in the lease agreement, they cannot evict her and her family. Especially when the police have not charged her with any firearm violations, What I would like to see happen that she takes the issue to court and have the eviction thrown out / dismissed

3 Likes

That all makes sense to me.

Why a Christian attorney?

Texas is not nearly as gun loving/friendly as television and the media make you think. Now, TX isn’t as bad as it used to be, now that they have a permitless carry setup, but, they still aren’t top shelf overall.

1 Like