Tattoos - whatcha got?

I do have tatoos and I feel they are MY business and I don’t force them up on anyone. There are people who have “tatoos” that are very visible and are part of their “religion”…they are their business and I don’t expect those to force feed anything to me about their beliefs. I most certainly believe in the Constitution, it’s amendments and the Bill of Rights. I don’t force feed those upon anyone, HOWEVER, IF someone comes to OUR COUNTRY I believe that they should assimilate to our culture if they want to benefit from U.S…QED.

3 Likes

If there was ever a truer statement than that ^^^^

I’m good with new ideas, but people don’t need to try to re-write our Constitution because it doesn’t line up with their views.

I go to a Christian college but even they teach its godless constitution. Yes, the men were moral and believed in the principals of the Bible. I can even point out Godly stuff in the Declaration of Independence but it was left up to states and separate institutions to establish a religion for their region.

2 Likes

20190104_072959%20(2)

Here are a few of my souvineers. The bride skull (it’s older but this picture is super zoomed so the quality looks very bad) is from when my wife and I decided to get married. The girl archer is from a trip where my daughter won state champ. The rooster is from when we saw chickens hanging out in front of a KFC in Grand Caymen. The Pigeon is from Puerto Rico where they have the Pigeon sanctuary. The mountains are from a trip to the Smokeys. Buy More is a milestone from when my wife and I were dating. The Jolly Roger is from St. Thomas. I also have a Georgia peach and so many more I couldn’t find photos for. Notice the travel tattoos I keep simple because I don’t know the quality of the artist I will get while travelling. Also I don’t want to miss exploring because I was getting a tattoo.

3 Likes

Although I have no ink, I have always been fascinated by peoples tattoos, and especially the stories behind them. So share your pictures and include the back story if you want.

1 Like

We had a tattoo thread going, hope you don’t mind I combined the two, @TexasEskimo!

2 Likes

Sure @TexasEskimo , I’ll help out…
1 of …

The ink…

The back story…

3 Likes

The first tattoo is for my wife of 40 years and the second is for me so I
never forget to be a wolf and not a sheep. Mike

3 Likes

Only one is an Eagle with talons in a downward/extended “attack/grasping” mode. 4 stars in an arc between the wing tips. Located on upper left arm. Got it in '73 at Sailor Don’s Tattoo parlor in Newpirt, RI., while attending PreCom Crew school prior to commissioning a new FF (DE when it commissioned). Only $20.00, and I was sober. Oh, somewhere :thinking: in my stored stuff, I still have the Sailor Don’s business card from the day I got it.

ZERO !

I hate needles !!! I got a spinal injection once, I think I’m good ! :slight_smile:

its a start!

3 Likes

News at 11:00, the Yakuza: they live among us! :exploding_head::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::us_outlying_islands::us_outlying_islands::eyes::popcorn::cup_with_straw:

I have been plenty drunk. I mean knee walking , trip of the pattern in the carpet drunk and Never kissed a guy either. I danced with a guy once at my sisters wedding. That was the best wedding i barely remember.

I am USN Retired. I got this tattoo 43 years ago. I went to the artist that does my wife’s ink, He is amazing. I picked out a VERY cool screaming eagle to cover the faded mess that remained of my eagle. He refused to cover it because it was an antique! I s**t you not. So he redid it exactly the way it was originally. lol

3 Likes

It’s funny cause Catholics can get Tattoos. (Coming from a Catholic who did not go to Catholic school :grin:).

Thought the original post was legit Nov 19 as in 2 months ago my B.

I like tattoos. Kinda my new thing :grin:.

I like this thread. I think a tattoo should leave no doubt as to where you stand personally.

My forearm…

2 Likes

Get the joke? :grinning:

1 Like

I’m not overly interested in posting them online but I have two full sleeves and some work on both lower legs.

One arm is all color the rest is black/gray. A few (legs) are overtly firearms related/contain firearms

1 Like

I generally do not post hard identifiers in the public domain. Too many bad actors that will use that kind of stuff against you these days. My left sleeve is about 3/4 done and my right is about 1/2 done. always looking to add more but the tattoo fund is empty at the moment for other ventures.

Left arm is mostly horror inspired. Right arm is all Norse based. My tattoos are posted in several places by the artists, but my name is not associated with them on purpose.

1 Like