Tattoos - whatcha got?

The coloring is great! Not one I’d get myself, but everyone’s tastes are different. I can definitely appreciate the quality!

2 Likes

It’s to cover the gray so we don’t look so old…

2 Likes

You are the same person underneath and that person will shine through no matter what color your hair is!

2 Likes

true… and… once the gray started to make me look like I’d been standing inside a lumber mill… yeah, that ‘dusty’ thing wasn’t exactly shine :laughing:

now if it would just finish going all silver, I’d wear it like that :wink:
besides, how’m I going to get it to grow in naturally pink, purple and crimson? :thinking:

1 Like

Who are you callin’ OLD?!??!

(Wait … that was my “get off the lawn” voice, wasn’t it?)

2 Likes

Not being able to get a job based on tattoos is horrible, here I am holding my hand carved President’s Club award with my tattoos at home.

This is a picture of myself in business attire with my wife, tattoos are there just covered with a long sleeve shirt and suit jacket.

Here’s a closeup of my family’s coat of arms, my Grandfather went on a tour of Europe in the 80’s, while there he went to the University of Spain and traced our family tree and came back with it along with a plaque with this crest, remember this was well before you could go online and do it so I thought it was amazing. I loved that very much and asked for it when he passed, it didn’t work out that way so I went and got this tattoo.

This is a Japanese traditional tattoo with the elements inspired, Dragon, Koi, Lotus, Cherry Blossom flowers, water/waves, wind there is lots of meaning behind each.

4 Likes

Nice color and flow

2 Likes

I hear ya, @OldGnome; I remember when bread was a nickel, kids these days, etc, etc.

2 Likes

… in the snow. Uphill. Both ways :wink:

1 Like

@Zee

That was my dad (and it was true)

1 Like

Never felt the need…to each his own, you know. Didn’t think twice about 3 earrings back in the early '80’s (or a Mohawk, which wasn’t popular with the bosses). Still wear the earrings.

2 Likes

…after chopping wood, stoking the stove, slopping the hogs, feeding the chickens, gathering the eggs, and milking the cows.

2 Likes

You are also quoting my fathers life. As a child I still remember when all the kids (my father aunt and uncles) got together and put running water and indoor plumbing into my grandparents farm house (yes the out-house was very cold in the winter).

My grandfather was against putting the commode in the house. His statement on the subject was “Even a pig doesn’t sh*t where it eats”. My grandmother hit him with a rolling pin and that was the end of that.

On a side note she cooked on an old wood burning cast iron stove, things always tasted better at grandma’s house.

5 Likes

Now that’s my idea of perfection :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

With endless opportunities there were 3 things I never got drunk enough to do.

Kiss a man.

Take advantage of some of the premier redlight districts in the world.

Get a tattoo.

2 Likes

My father’s life also.

Because when you cook that way, you have to KNOW what you’re doing. Besides, what better seasoning is there than a wood fire?

2 Likes

Sorry for the loss of your dog.

1 Like

Thanks, I think the artist did a fantastic job

2 Likes

I have three. One = 1st Special Ops badge from my unit in the service. #2 = Nose paint from my helicopter there. #3 = Stage copy of old performance my band did in 1998.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I was overseas when my grandmother forced my GGM to move out of the home they’d lived in for more than 70 years as a couple. They basically abandoned the home and everything in it including her wood stove.

Had I known at the time what was going on I’d have moved heaven and earth to get that stove.

Some of my fondest memories centered around it along with many of the best meals of my life being cooked on it.

She knew exactly how man sticks of wood how often to produce a specific temp and knew to adjust that count based on the relative humidity.

Nothign tastes as good as fresh bred from either a wood stove or a clay/stone oven.

4 Likes