Tackling Dreaded Anti-Gun Discussions This Thanksgiving | USCCA

It’s Thanksgiving week already. With the pandemic still looming about, many families are altering plans, starting some new traditions or doing their best to keep their holidays as “normal” as possible. But one thing that’s likely still unchanged is the amount of stress and anxiety that can creep up when family members who may not agree on everything get together for extended periods of time. And many people spend a lot of time, effort and energy considering how to back out or bow out of unavoidable conversations or uncomfortable altercations.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/tackling-dreaded-anti-gun-discussions-this-thanksgiving/

I don’t dine with leftists.

3 Likes

IMO-The problem with dining with leftists is they want to eat your food, then eat their food, then have you pay the bill. If you don’t then you’re a racist :+1:

4 Likes

I don’t talk politics with family members or friends, everybody has their own opinion and that’s what gets heated arguments started, if they continue to try, then I tell them stop talking politics or you can leave. It makes them mad, but I don’t care.

4 Likes

Have to laugh here, cause I know how silly that line should be , but it’s actually not silly anymore, it’s for real. Though now your automatically a racist just for being white, they say it’s impossible for you not to be, because well, your white. Yet to assert such a thing is not, itself, thought to be racist. Science is in BIG trouble if this line of reasoning takes hold. Oh wait, I think it already has.

I’m kind of sad, I used to love science, you know, back when it was done scientifically.

Seriously though, If we still have opportunity and all is not lost, we have no choice but to stop kow-towing to all the reasons and delicate feelings of people who could care less how others think and feel. It’s hard, but all the silence on our part, to keep the peace and spare feelings, may be about to cost us everything, SO, I for one feel I must be prepared to take the heat and speak the truth same as they claim they do. I will not go looking for the conversation, nor start it, but, I won’t duck and dodge any more either. God help me to be as kind and considerate as possible when I do.

Just my opinion while I’m still legally allowed to have one, ( let alone express it ).

4 Likes

,I agree, DS 1. We must not remain silent or one by one, as we have seen, our rights will be taken away.

2 Likes

It’s Thanksgiving week already. With the pandemic still looming about, many families are altering plans, starting some new traditions or doing their best to keep their holidays as “normal” as possible. But one thing that’s likely still unchanged is the amount of stress and anxiety that can creep up when family members who may not agree on everything get together for extended periods of time. And many people spend a lot of time, effort and energy considering how to back out or bow out of unavoidable conversations or uncomfortable altercations.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/?p=149368
1 Like

My bubble just doubled today. It’s easier when its my wife and I but this week I’ll be on alert as they want to see the attractions in the city where it is permissible to carry.

Sorry for any confusion. We ended up with the same blog post posted twice in the Community.

My life and my family’s life are very valuable. I prepared to defend myself and my family, from all threats. Are you prepared?

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t do “victim”. Enjoy your meal…

Then I flick open my large SD folding knife and use to cut my turkey. :rofl:

3 Likes

I would have to say all that all I dine with are bedrock conservative. That seems to be also with my community as a general rule… I do believe we have Dems here that are conservative. As I know they did not vote with there party.I also know some of these are staunch 2A supporters and carry daily. I have a nephew who started dating someone a year ago that I wouldn’t say was an anti gunner,She was a Non gunner. Just hadn’t been around firearms much. But she is now a 2A supporter. I guess my finishing statement that we are blessed

1 Like

I also think that we are not going to beat the pandemic from hiding from it.

1 Like