Switching from DA/SA to Single Action

Picked up my second 1911 in less than two weeks. I never knew how good 1911 felt in my hands. I thought both my CZs with Cajun Gun works Pro Package was the Sh#$#. The Double-Action on my CZ trigger is 8 lbs- the Single-Action is 3 lbs The trigger is so smooth. But But 1911 is just a little better ergonomics for grip, and the trigger is pretty nice. Boy, 1911 is a shooter John Moses Browning, thank you

My 1st one is the MR1911.45. Today I picked up a 1911 Ronin EMP 3″ 9MM. I am switching out my two CZs, “97bd and 75bd,” for the MR1911c .45 and the Ronin 9mm for my EDC.–I am excited to go to the rage tomorrow~

14 Likes

AS I was doing my prep on my new EMP Ronin- I realized- My Firearm store gave me the 4inch not 3 inch lol Dam I am Moron- I was thinking umm I don’t have that big of hands lol- WTF- WOW I am not the bright one today-

3 Likes

Congrats!

Welcome to the Magical World of Modern 1911 ! :partying_face:

6 Likes

Now I have a dilemma- keep it or go back to the shop–

1 Like

Personal preferences.
If you can carry 4", keep it !

I personally do not accept anything shorter than 3.6" :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Welcome to the dark side.

Self proclaimed 1911 snob

6 Likes

Nice guns, welcome to the 1911 rabbit hole!

I am curious how you like the checkered front strap of the MR1911 vs the smooth front strap on the Ronin.

1 Like

I have not shot the Ronin yet. But the front checkered my Mr1911 feels sold in my hands. My grip is much tighter, and I have more control. It is a plus to have the front checkering. I will report back tomorrow… After my range session - yea, I will keep the 4inch.

4 Likes

SWEET!!! My hands were on a Browning 1911 as my FIRST CHOICE, by the time I checked out at the counter I walked out with a Sig P320. Please don’t ask me why.

1 Like

Nice pieces of hardware brother @Buddha-In-The-Sun :+1: :+1: I am sure you will have an easy transition.

2 Likes

4 is stronger, better, bigger, faster. :muscle:

3 Likes

All my 1911’s either came with the front strap checkered, or they got checkered. Some say it does not matter to them. I would love to hear your thoughts after shooting them.

I carry tupperware at times, but my pistol passion is 1911’s. :grinning:

4 Likes

That is interesting. I think it depends on how we hold the handgun.
I like front checkerings but not to aggressive. That actually is the reason i prefer 2011 over 1911 - I can easily control and adjust 36o0 degrees of texturing.
I’ve got double stack 1911 without checkering and it’s hard to have a consistent grip on it.

I’m curious what will be @Buddha-In-The-Sun’s experience. :thinking:

4 Likes

Two ways to confirm 3" vs. 4" without measuring the barrel are:

1. The 3" magazine (with bump pad) holds 9 rounds, the 4" holds 10

2. The 3" has a dual recoil sping system, the 4" is a single recoil spring

1 Like

Or check the serial /model number, lol. I had one of those days, lol

1 Like

Good attention to detail, I had not noticed they took the “Posi-Lock Checkering” off the front strap on the Ronin EMP.

I noticed Springfield took both the 4" stainless steel slide versions off their website today. That makes 3 EMP models they have ditched, the 40 S&W, the 4" SS slide with wood grips, and the 4" Concealed Contour. A buddy of mine has the Concealed Contour and I have to say I like it better than mine, easy to carry and nice grips.

2 Likes

Range day. Log.

150 rounds 115 and 124 grain-white box and federal.
Ronin 4" did no multifunction.
Very accurate
The gun is lighter than any other pistol I own

Front Strap Checkering vs. Front Strap Smooth.
I would rather have the checkering. I like the front strap checkering because it is more tactile/feedback in my hands. The Ronin lightness at 1st threw me off. Not having the front strap checkering makes it hard to control follow-up shots. I can’t explain it any better than that. I will get some skateboard type and see it makes a difference. The Ronin is so much fun to shoot.

I am adding a picture of groupings. Seven yds and ten yds. I need to work on it was sh!#$- Even five yds. 2 more ranges sessions. I will have it dialed in.

I am working on my draw and more dry firing. Overall, good session and an Awesome 1911

5 Likes

Once each year, I take my Kimber TLE and Sig P220 to the range. Without a doubt the 1911 (America’s pistol) has a great trigger but the DA/SA trigger can be mastered with training. I also enjoy shooting my old Beretta 92G in DA mode. I don’t shoot my DAO P250 very often. In any event, my edc pistol is a Glock 19 – just point and shoot.

2 Likes

I have to have front strap checkering on my 1911’s, I just don’t shoot them well without it. Grip tape works OK, but…

2 Likes

If you want to go the cheap way I had a smooth front strap on my 1911 and read somewhere to use stair tread tape it worked great and feels great and it has been on my gun for 10 years and I wear it everyday

5 Likes