Supreme Court sides with man who said police illegally seized firearms from

32 Likes

Good job SCOTUS!!! :us:
To bad though it took 7 years.

14 Likes

Not only did the court side with the plaintiff, it was a unanimous decision. A possible light in the darkness?

21 Likes

i do belive that may just put red flag laws in a bind if owner does not want to give up his guns based on allegations alone.

16 Likes

that did surprise me, but i am sure it was more on the search and seizure end of it.

6 Likes

No doubt, but it’s encouraging that the more liberal justices didn’t find a way to except guns from search and seizure.

10 Likes

I know that several states have laws called Red Flag logs. These laws authorize police to take someone’s weapons under this type of situation. Texas does not have these laws.

8 Likes

Very good News. Let’s hope they keep doing the right thing.

7 Likes

The Supreme Court bans most warrantless gun seizures from homes - American Thinker

6 Likes

Added your post to this thread on the same topic, @Christopher184, hope you don’t mind!

3 Likes

I think the law sinks for that law. If you don’t like someone you just say they they tried to harm me and they would take the guns away even if they didn’t try to harm you.

4 Likes

It’s called due process. I’ll leave the home troubles to be solved by the couple in question … if they’re still a couple now.

2 Likes

Years ago in the early 90’s the police confiscated all of my fathers firearms …he was living at that time in the northwest Chicago,IL area.No warrant and one to two days in jail.He never got his firearms back.They took approx. 12 of his firearms maybe more.He had an 8mm Mauser with the Eagle insignia on it from WW2.The police later said they destroyed the firearms.I do not believe that at all.

5 Likes

It shows a glimmer of hope.

2 Likes

Neither does Oklahoma

2 Likes

In California if you are 5150 by the police/doctor etc you still are a prohibited person for 5 years and can’t possess firearms until you Petition the court to get the back. Even then it is likely to be unsuccessful.

3 Likes

This is huge, but it shouldn’t have taken 7 years.

2 Likes

Chicago? Honest law enforcement? No way. You are likely correct. Some cop(s) or city apparatchiks have them, you betcha.

2 Likes

Welcome to the family @Randy91 and God bless you.

1 Like

Thank you, Johnny.

2 Likes