Suppressor Recommendations

I like SilencerCo suppressors in particular the Omega 36M as its multi-caliber design allows for it to be used a wider variety of firearms from .9 MM to .338 LM. It also allows switching from a shorter length to adding a few inches for higher caliber. It reduces .556 to a hearing safe level and works great on a 9 mm pistol. I also use a Sparrow 22 on my Ruger 10/22 and SR22 which is great for target practice and vermin hunting. I’d advise going the trust route as it provides more versatility in who can legally use the can which is a consideration when purchasing one at least for me, as I like to be able to allow my wife to use it too.

1 Like

If you are running a muzzle brake, you might try replacing it with a flash hider. Will soften the sound considerably. With 5.56 recoil is not really much of a problem anyway.

3 Likes

Excellent advice!

And there’s several different devices with holes only facing forward which doesn’t expose the shooter to the muzzle blast.
This one is called a linear brake.

3 Likes

Anything called a “brake” is only going to make your AR louder. A brakes sole function is to reduce felt recoil. To make your AR quieter replace the brake with a flash hider. The flash hider will push the gas where it needs to go. Read the instructions carefully, as many flash hiders have a top and bottom side.

2 Likes

I completely agree.

In the example I posted above the holes all face forward and I would call it a linear compensator. I feel it is named incorrectly on the sellers website.
The loudest brakes are the ones with openings angled back toward the shooter.

2 Likes

The one shown below adorns my Saint Edge. On the range shooters to my left and right are known to swear profusely and move to another lane. I could change it out, but I enjoy the extra room. :innocent:

3 Likes

Here’s another example I feel is named incorrectly. From the shooters perspective, this probably isn’t as loud as a flash hider.

1 Like

If I owned an indoor range I would ban muzzle brakes on rifle cartridges. It’s the range equivalent of the super duty trucks “rolling coal” all over people in the sidewalk for no other reason than because they can.

JMO

2 Likes

If you are looking for maximum “quiet” you should go for this option:

2 Likes

Anybody else find that with their silencers that their guns get a heck of a lot dirtier than without it?

2 Likes

Im awaiting a 22 can, a Rugged Oculus 22.

Next can I’ll likely go for is their Surge 762.

2 Likes

I have no personal experience but would assume that since all of that pressure is being slowed down and delayed from going forward more stuff gets pushed backwards. More stuff in the firearm and more in the shooters face as well I would suspect.

4 Likes

Absolutely. That’s the nature of the best. It’s okay though, lube sufficiently and, if ‘tuned’ correctly, they’ll still run just fine

2 Likes

Very much so. Gas to face is a thing particularly with silenced/suppressed AR type rifles, especially since most of the mass market offerings are overgassed as is so people who shoot <1k rounds through them lifetime get reliable function with their under lubed rifles using cheap weak .223 range ammo…take those overgassed rifles and add a suppressor (especially a less expensive one with more backpressure) and it might just feel like it’s exploding a massive discharge of freshly burnt + unburnt powder straight into your eyeball with every shot.

2 Likes

Anybody have one in jail or broke it out recently? I e-filed in May and I’m about 110 business days since the final doc’s were signed and sent. What is everybody experiencing on their turnaround times?

1 Like

Yes, since 6/13/22…

I eFiled on 3/10/2022 and just got my approval email about an hour ago. 229-day wait so I would suggest being patient and trying to not think about it or it will drive you crazy.

1 Like

Pre e-file took 14.5 months. Got the 2 mentioned above, had to chase a lot of material on the banish30 to get it to fit. The Banish 223 gave my 12.5" AR fits. Next outing I suppressed my 5.56 and .308 bolt guns, zeroed and for the first time,used up all the rifle ammo I brought (save one mag just in case zombies on the ride home) as the lack of noise was music to my ears. The .308 RPR was sweet sounding under my muffs,and the 5.56 was like in the movies :laughing:Think I’m headed back tomorrow with my 3 AR’s, making sure I bring a screwdriver that fits the adjustable gas blocks and see if I can set something up that runs right.
Thought that e-file was supposed to cut times down to a month or less…guess not.
The Banish cans are real nice so far, but having an undersized thread on the 30 was absurd,and customer service/ sales reminded me of a car dealership,just an fyi. Silencer Central is very proud of being named a “fastest growing” company. Perhaps they should slow down a bit.

2 Likes

Thats a far cry from the 100 days the ATF indicated. A government body not following through on its promise, who wouldve guessed?

4 Likes

Yep, shocking. In other totally surprising news headlines, Water, found to be wet:laughing:
I have absolutely no faith in any government run institution.

2 Likes