Supporting Law Enforcement

Welcome @William896 glad you are here!

1 Like

Hey, I’m sorry, my wife says I read like a guy… I’m trying to figure out what you’re referring to? I’m sure after you explain it I’ll have one of those , cool-aide man “ohhh yeaahhh” moments. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brother I agree with you for the most part but the shoes I have walked in most my life in Chicago, most LEO’s I crossed path with did not deserve respect and those whom never lived a life similar to mine might never understand, Most LEO’s need to learn to respect the peoples first and not allow the gun and badge make them think they are gods. P.S. i do support them which shows respect to citizens, like Tennessee LEO’s

6 Likes

@Smiddy , I am 65 years old, Grew up in Kansas City, Ks. As a young teen I had very few positive encounters with the police… even though I was not a trouble maker. I joined the Marine Corps in Texas and was stationed in the midwest and the west coast… again… I was a law-abiding citizen, but, none the less was treated less than respectfully by LEOs. I got out of the Marine Corps, took police science courses and became an officer. Those with whom I worked were, quite frankly, nasty-- from the sheriff on down!!! We I left that line of work I went back to college in a large Nebraska city— the police there were the worst I’d ever seen (and still are). The town I live in now is a bit better, but headed by a liberal chief and a very poor command staff… What these police don’t understand is that IN MY OPINION they have brought on much of the distrust and disrespect themselves… Many DEMAND respect, yet will not give respect. I will “cooperate” with the police to the extent that they do not try to violate my rights. Having said all this,… again, my opinion, there have been too many failings of law enforcement to trust them… that is why I work and train to be my and my family’s first responder. During the recent riots, the PD in my town were sent to the big city next door to guard Target, Walmart and other rich stores… leaving all but their own unprotected.

4 Likes

This is easy, first of all I have grand kids but I always have my gun on person so I never worry, second at night my gun is within arms reach. I will never keep my defensive weapon locked up, not for LE or the government period. If you are more than 3 seconds from your weapon you are UN-armed

4 Likes

Until the “bad guys” don’t have guns, I’m keeping mine closel.

5 Likes

EXCEPT this Govt agency just got the names of EVERYONE carrying concealed…too close to having a list to suit me!

2 Likes

Hello Keanon, and All;
Your post was right on. As a retired law enforcement officer (34+years) and from Illinois, Chiefs, and Sheriffs are political animals. They have the same political views as the people who appointed/elected them. In my experience their views do not reflect the views of the rank-and-file officers.
In my career as well as know the vast majority of officers are avid 2nd Amendment advocates.

8 Likes

Ross 11 Stay safe! :+1::us: Always!

2 Likes

The same can be said of Unions. The political views of the union leaders often do not match up with the views of the rank and file members. At least, they didn’t when I was a member of the Steelworkers.

5 Likes

7898 United Steelworkers

2 Likes

Local SW #2944 in the 70s, now defunct.

2 Likes

It’s stories like this that make people question whether they should be supporting the police or not. I know that if I were a police officer, I would have resigned before agreeing to crap like this.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/12/28/this-is-gross-swarm-of-nypd-officers-harass-a-child-for-not-having-a-vaccine-passport-n2601154

2 Likes

The police are put in a horrible position in these instances. I question whether the police are not enforcing the vax mandate or are hey enforcing criminal trespass laws? If a restaurant decides it is enforcing a vax or mask mandate, or chooses to eject a person for any other reason and the person does not leave, the person becomes a trespasser and the police can remove you and arrest you. People may look at them the same way but, there is a distinction. Unfortunately, there are not enough facts available to know what led to the police showing up at the restaurant to know whether they are enforcing the mandate or enforcing an otherwise reasonable law. I also wonder how that scene escalated to have so many officers on the scene.

10 Likes

All true. But I have to wonder which is more important. Enforcing a vaccine mandate and terrorizing a child or addressing the free-for-all violence and increasing actual crime and homicide rate. I know which one I choose. Guess I have my priorities screwed up.

4 Likes

You and I both do then. And I wore a badge for years. Police Officers are not the Gestapo and should never be used as such. But, here we are … “Papers please”.

7 Likes

I think your being kind by adding the “please” in your statement.

3 Likes

Does it include toilet paper? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: … please

3 Likes

Police traditionally do a very good job of policing themseleves. Remember Rham Emmanuel and many Communists use this famous quote “never let a good crisis go to waste”…Leftists like to use an isolated case to destroy all gun ownership and the Second Amendment. Leftist will always start their attack on you with a statement like “You have to admit…” Well tell them straight up that you don’t have say anything you don’t believe in “in a free country.” The George Floyd case was a perfect storm the Left used to vilify all police officers, just like the prime minister of New Zealand used a mosque shooting to outlaw all semi automatic weapons. It is the Leftists that are your enemy not the police. Good people are being brainwashed by lies and a very few anecdotal stories, to be against the police. Good people are likewise brainwashed against gun owners….It only takes lies and few anecdotal stories to end private gun ownership and policing as we know it… You don’t want the kind of cops you are getting now who are woke and weak because who else will apply under with the the “defund & defame the police” politicians??? You certainly don’t want a federal gestapo…. Look at the recruiting of the woke and weak in our military and the weeding out of Patriots…. If politicians are unfair to the military & police they have now they will get the kind of military & police they want…but not the military & police the people of the country want or need…

4 Likes

The 3 step rule. We can use it as we have no youngsters around as a general rule. Either that or wearing it. But we do have a gun room that is the vault and is secure during visits from anyone really. I was watch a senate debate one day and hear the senator speaking talk about Commonsense gun laws. Those up there really stop using that word. It was apparent to me nothing he was talking about even closely looked like common sense.

3 Likes