Superbowl Parties - Will You Be Watching?

No, I did not watch, or care. I really stopped when I realized, and got disgusted, with the politics of it back in the early 90’s. That was when they tried to bring a stadium to our town and realized that not only is the NFL tax free, but they get us to “buy” them a stadium to make that money.

Someone did show me a couple of clips of the singers in the half time show… my reaction was if I wanted to see pole dancing I would go to the strip club.

4 Likes

I did watch the game, I did not particularly care for the half-time show. If you’re going to sing, sing. If you’re going to dance, dance. The outfits that the dancers were wearing left little to the imagination and IMO was not family friendly. :frowning:

But the NFL is welcome do to what they want as long as it doesn’t infringe on my rights.

5 Likes

I’m not a sports fan but I watched the last 4:44 of the game. That’s after the hubby asked me if I was asleep yet and that I might want to come out and see this because the Chief’s have made a come back. Having grew up in the KC area I’m glad to have watched the end with them winning after 50 years of winning their last one. Other than that it wasn’t a big deal for me.

2 Likes

This made me giggle… the Superbowl being football and all :wink: :laughing:

I’m a fan of the creativity of some of the commercials that are featured on the superbowl, but I’m pre-warned about a couple of them… so this year I didn’t even do that. My head would explode watching a few I know will be on.

The half-time tho… I love Shakira’s music, but there’s no way I consider anything involving pole dancing and spread-straddled butt-to-the-audience in those outfits suitable for family fare. I’m not a prude and I don’t think performers need to be in church-choir gowns to be family-suitable (y’all may remember I was a professional belly dancer for more than 30 years) but I do know the difference between what’s family-friendly and what isn’t. And that sure sounds a lot like something that isn’t. If they’re going to do an adult show, put a dang “R” rating on it. Or clean it up for “PG”.

2 Likes

Aaaand… just gonna leave this right here.

2 Likes

@Zee I was thinking of making a comment along those lines of a malfunction… LOL Anway, just not my thing when trying to watch a sport. I will just stick to watching Soccer… in Spanish! GOOOOAAAALLLLL!! So much more fun!

3 Likes

I didn’t either! && For that same reason!
It’s totally against all my belief not to allow someone to not say their view! {Don’t get it wrong, I’ll try to persuade, but will not cut you off)

WELL, that is what they are doing! They said, “heyyour money is not green here, you promote “violence” therefore no add. Meanwhile, there goes gun control adds that in the history of time has killed more people than any American ever has.

I’ve never been a pro guy but lost all faith in January 2019 when the Saints were robbed by the Rams Former player who happens to be an official!

Looking directly at the pass interference that was clear as the sun on the 4th of July & he went, Ray Charles!!!

1 Like

If you need the true meaning of “deplorable” rerun the halftime show!
I guess that’s what they mean by explaining in layman’s terms.
I don’t know which was more entertaining the house impeachment hearings or the Super Bowl!

1 Like

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

For the left who actually thought he was going to be out of office…DON’T WAIT! Call and schedule free consolation TODAY—You won’t owe a dime unless “we win!”

3 Likes

I like the 49ERS but chose not to watch it. Range time… Why didn’t I think of that? :thinking:

3 Likes