Sunglasses for driving

This website recommends grey sunglasses for driving. Orange is recommended for driving in fog.

Tints for Sunglasses - Does Color Matter? (verywellhealth.com)

Its on the internet, so it has to be right :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s not just color, it’s also how dark the glasses are. At any gas station, you can find a range of sunglasses from lightly tinted to medium tinted. I shop online and pay a little more to get extra dark sunglasses, because I’m very light sensitive.

I’m not sure brand matters. Maybe it does, I’ve just never been willing to pay for an expensive pair of sunglasses to find out. I did have some cheap eyepro that ruined a day at the range, though. When I finally ditched them, my shot group got much smaller.

2 Likes

It’s not that different from “glass” for rifles. Quality costs. You can do just fine with gas station sunglasses or a $60 Amazon scope on your AR, but, if you buy the Maui Jim sunglasses or the I don’t even want to say names or prices scope, you will notice the improvement (binoculars and spotting scopes and photography lenses etc it’s all the same, good glass co$t$ and there is a difference…whether or not it’s worth it is up to you and your uses)

4 Likes