Strange knife

I’ve mentioned before I collect knives. So one day my wife comes home with this

Closed up it looks like some hedge clippers, and I’m seeing some “Honey Do” in my future. Plus I had just trimmed the bushes like …,. A year ago.

But no “Honey Do”, just a very strange knife and saw to add to my collection.

4 Likes

Game cleaning shears (in the pic shouldn’t the edges be facing each other?) :wink:

4 Likes

The knife part is a dagger. Sharp on both sides. But yes the flatter edge faces the bladed part of saw.

2 Likes

Interesting. Have you tried to cut anything (say cardboard) with the shears assembled? It very well could be a game shears w/ a bone saw, skinning/cleaning knife and rib shears as @Bruce26 proposes. With the point design of the knife I would be more inclined to think fishing with the “saw” being a scaler. Is it comfortable assembled and apart?

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

Yup, “Game” meaning fish also. Usually used for small game, birds and fish. I have used these before, the U shaped in the lower back of the knife is for holding and breaking leg and wing bones.
:wink:

4 Likes

Well, I’ve never used it for anything other than back up trauma shears. Even though I don’t work as a flight medic anymore, I still keep my certs active by keeping up with CE hours. So if I pass an accident I can ask if they need an extra set of hands. Plus Alabama has an unlimited “Good Samaritan” law.

That’s actually what got them out yesterday was cleaning and oiling my Damascus steel blades and decided to go thru my medic bags to see if anything has expired or needed replacing.

Saw those, and was like. WTH are these then I remembered wife had given to me, so I cleaned em, took a picture, replaced a few things, then put it all away.

They cut through seatbelts real well. :face_with_head_bandage::innocent:

Like I said, learn something new.

Anyone looking for an over the hill hunting buddy? I apparently can help clean the game afterwards. Plus I am pure death on wheels to :bear: , well :cow2: at least.

5 Likes

And this is why I don’t hunt… :cry:

No, I’m not a vegetarian, but I don’t like to see the faces of the animal I’m eating.

2 Likes

@Dawn LOL, If you lived on a farm all your animals would die on old age. :wink:

1 Like

Nah, I’d call you and @Zee to come help!!

2 Likes

In general @Dawn , we cut the heads off long before we eat them…

Just say’n :upside_down_face: :innocent: :sunglasses:

Cheers,

Craig6

3 Likes

@Craig6 Good one. :+1:

2 Likes

yep, I’d be on it :slight_smile:

We do have some critters that work their way out of the food-pool and into the pet-pool. :grimacing: :flushed: :relaxed: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’ve got a Jack Russel. Loud, happy, good alarm dog. Wife and daughter were at the park with our dogs, this little scrap of nothing dog runs past 20-30 people straight to my daughter. She is 8 and has been doing animal rescue with at the Humane Society for 2 years.

So her and wife come home, “Daddy, Daddy, look what followed us home from the dog park”.

I’m like that must have been a very fast little dog to be able to chase you all the way home from the dog park while you were in a car. Knowing the inevitable, what’s his name honey. She names it Dylan.

Dog has cost me more than a car over the years is literally allergic to everything including himself. I don’t like little dogs.

2 Likes