Stolen Valor

We the people respect, not this traitorous regime.

4 Likes

George Washington warned us about the dangers of political parties. But once again, we didn’t listen to those who literally built our nation.

7 Likes

Here’s an update on my original posts. Now that the Space Force has been implemented, here’s another bunch of phonies we’ll have to witness - it has its own official patches and medals, but beginning with Gene Roddenberry’s “IDIC” medal incident during the original STAR TREK series, when he also stole half of the royalties from Alexander Courage’s iconic theme by writing and submitting lyrics to it - the franchise has also managed to market its OWN line of medals over the years - you can see them offered online, and they’re almost identical to official military awards, unless you know the difference, and squint when you look at them. FYI

2 Likes

Just noticed an error. Should have said the Eisenhower was commissioned on:
October 18, 1977 not 1975. Funny the 5 is not even next to the 7. Guess I shouldn’t send things in the middle of the night.
In Georgia they make the process to have the “VETERAN” designation on your drivers license a little more difficult. You have to complete an application with the Veterans Administration- yiu must include a copy of your DD-214 and your Honorable Discharge, and then, they mail you a form that VERIFIES your military status and you take that to the DMV and they issue your DL with the Veteran Designation. Also, I applied and obtained a Military Veteran Identification Card- roughly the same process (Free) and they mail you your official card with your Name and current picture on the front embossed on the card. Even though you can accomplish the same things with your drivers license, unlike your drivers license, your military veteran identification card does NOT display your home address and drivers license number. Just a little safer to use due to all these hacking scams and ID theft. I have, on occasion, when dealing with a new person in a store or restaurant, has them take my DL to show a manager to obtain authority to apply the Veterans discount to my bill. The Military Veterans Identification Card eliminates the opportunity for anyone to steal my identity, since only my NAME & PICTURE are on the card. I recommend to any Veteran in Georgia to take advantage of this. You can complete the entire process on line. Take care everyone. Have a safe, happy and healthy rest of 2022.

3 Likes

May GOD bless you my friend. Thank you for your service and I pray you are able to enjoy life to the fullest. Please take good care of yourself.

1 Like

Thank you and appreciate it Don J ,you know for years I wouldnt tell any one not even my kids I was in Nam because of the climate at the time I was in the service,I just,and it tyook 6 months to get didability at the VA because all my records were burned up in a so callfire and as for my dd214 it was also in the fire,all I have is a small card that says DD214 on it the only way I got the disability was by sending the VA a letter naming places and dates,and areas in N Vietnam we operated in and 3 weeks i got a 100$ disability,Basically we did not exist and an alphabet agency controlled us

2 Likes

So very happy for you and your family. Glad things worked out well. I grew up in a time where a persons word, his handshake was his bond. Trust is an extremely difficult thing these days. So much fraud and deceitful folks that want something for nothing and they want things they’ve never actually earned. These things truly hurt the honest citizens of our country. So good to see in your case, that people listened. I pray you are doing well and that you and your entire family have an awesome year. Take care my friend.

2 Likes

Yea,when I walked out of Travis AFB dis charged and an about 18 yo girl called me a baby killer and spit on me and I calmly told her that if this was not the USA that she would be dead,and the thing about it there were LEO all around and they didn’t do a thing and just turned away!That is why I didn’t tell any one where I served in the Military

2 Likes

Layton,
First and foremost, Thank you for your service and for risking your life to help others in other countries that would have been slaughtered if we did not help them. Times were very different back then. The saddest thing was that the average person really didn’t understand what we were doing If they witnessed the horror themselves, many would have felt different. But the 60’s were filled with protests upon protests. Most people protesting were doing so to get our young men out if there if we weren’t going to support them properly so that we could win this war in very little time. It was a sad reflection on our government leaders. BUT… never forget you, like me were UNITED STATES SOLDIERS… we obeyed commands from our superiors and we did what we were asked to do. The people who spit on you and others or said horrific things to you, were uneducated, uninformed, and knew nothing of how the military functions. I was proud to serve… you are proud to serve… we are brothers who did what we were ordered NOT asked to do. Yes there were times when I questioned my superiors, but that was in my head and not my mouth. Sometimes we are on the tough side of situations and we must do our best to focus on the sacrifices we made, the pride we have for our country. It ain’t perfect… but there is no close second. GOD BLESS you my friend. Keep positive thoughts and know your service was and still is greatly appreciated. Take care.
Don

3 Likes

Thank you Don,I do appreciate it,and The only ship II have ever been on was a ww11 troop ship taken out of moth balls to transport us over there,that was an experience i never wanted again,ane that was the first and last ship I was ever on and people talk about going on cruises ,But i wont ever get on another ship,we were stacked like rats in the holds,that was it for me,glad I flew back to the States

3 Likes

Layton, just glad you made it home. I was on the Commissioning crew of the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower CVN69. It’s roughly 1,180 feet long and about 250 wide. The ship has roughly 40 feet below the water line. It’s basically a floating city- when I was on board it had a crew of 6,000 men, we had around 110 aircraft and tons of ordinance. It’s nuclear powered. I somewhat fortunate being in a very special unit (Intelligence) 10 of us with our own showers and pretty comfortable bunks. The downside is we were on the 03 level directly under the flight deck. Besides my normal job duties, I was one of three members of the “Snoopy” team. We each covered 8 hours and our special extra responsibilities were to, at a moments notice identify any other ship, plane, sub, military or civilian and do it fast. So, we normally worked 12 hour shifts for our regular job, and there were times when my extra 8 hour shift followed my 12 so I would be on duty for 20 straight hours. Still, I’m betting you would gladly have traded doing that for the horrors you dealt with in Nam. The most amazing thing was witnessing the unbelievably talented Navy Pilots “control crash land their Jets on a postage stamp moving in the middle of the ocean. Those amazing pilots would hit the targeted arresting cable 95% of the time. Imagine trying to land on a moving target that’s swaying from Port to Starboard and Stem to Stern and your target landing area is a mere 400-500 feet. They called them controlled crashes because they came in and they second they hit the deck it was full throttle. This allowed them to take off and come around again, otherwise the plane and pilot would just fall off the ship and into the water. The flight deck was a very dangerous place to be. Before each flight ops a large group of men would walk shoulder to to shoulder on the deck looking for any debris - a bolt or screw or nut or any solid object would turn into a lethal weapon on the deck so it was critical to keep it clean from any foreign objects. Sadly, while I was on board there were fatalities and serious accidents. Mostly carelessness. Most of the real danger we faced was out at sea. You always had to be prepared.
It has been great talking to you Layton. I am truly grateful for you taking the time to email me back. Take good care of yourself and your family. All the best to you.
Don

4 Likes

Thanks Don,like me we followed orders,but back then if we got a verbal order that we thought was wrong,we had the right to request the order in writing,but the one time that I did request an order in writing the officer rec ended the order,and it was scuttle but that no officer would put an order in writing ,but who really knows ?

2 Likes

Wow… that was some crazy s••t back then. My fathers younger brother, my uncle was just a few years older than me. He served in Vietnam and he was never the same person when he got back. He would never discuss… it was too emotional for him. Almost his entire battalion was lost and he couldn’t figure out how he survived. He was also exposed to that agent Orange crap- he was sick a lot and he died young - only in his early 60’s. My father who served in the Korean War and survived that, came out and never missed a day of work- and he died of a heart attack at 51… that was some 38 years ago. I still struggle with his loss as we did everything together… played all kinds of sports and he was a great dad. Oh boy, how did I get on this topic… sorry. Anyway, War is a horrible thing- but YOU SURVIVED. You also did your duty… served your country and saved countless lives. Please take care of yourself.
Don

4 Likes

Marines wear Medals (personal awards) on the left side and Ribbons (unit awards) on the right side.

There were some pictures posted here a couple of weeks ago about the Valor thieves that would have been comical in a spoof movie but egregious in real life.

(Just found those pictures way up near the top of the thread.)

3 Likes

Semper Fi brother!

4 Likes

Then bloomie went on to present awards or give a speech or something at a literal communist group meeting, claiming ignorance after being called out. Iirc Lamont’s uncle was a card carrying commie as well. I’ve met them both, years ago. Both seem like the kid who got beat up in grammar school.

3 Likes

Stolen Valor is flat out fraud. It’s disgusting & completely disrespectful to those who have been awarded their madals, ribbons & insignias by earning them. There is no honor displaying a fraudulent award. Shame on anyone who does so.

6 Likes

Read my post on the Space Force and the line of commercially-available STAR TREK medals you can buy. We’re going to see a whole circus-full of clowns walking around like lit-up Xmas trees in the future - “I got THIS medal for kicking - I kicked the white people out of Uganda!” (Richard Pryor in a skit as Idi Amin Dada in his short-lived, 4-episode NBC show in '77.)

1 Like

“Of course I earned this medal. I bought it with my own money!”

4 Likes

Yup. During AIT two of my barracks roommates went out to the Clothing Sales at the PX Mall and bought a bunch of challenge coins. When they got back and showed them off, I told them, “They don’t count if you buy them.”

I have plenty of ribbons and shiny stuff on my uniform, but I don’t brag about them, don’t show them off, and don’t have the stickers of them on my vehicle. Heck, I don’t even want any more, because updating my ribbon rack is very expensive these days. I reiterate this: real servicemembers don’t wear their uniforms any longer than they are required to. Heck, I knew Reservists who would change out of their uniforms before leaving drill to drive home.

5 Likes